Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SAMS

Default SAMS

Do Sams defend Standard attacks? It says air only in manual, but yet 2 attacks failed that should have won, the only thing I can think of is I didn't calculate sams?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Do Sams defend Standard attacks? It says air only in manual, but yet 2 attacks failed that should have won, the only thing I can think of is I didn't calculate sams?
    Yeah SAMs count SAs are everything vs everything. That was what I read anyways.
    DKO, LoR, ICN, ARC and SLOB.
    ELE AND UK

Born from LoR and die greater

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

Like I said to you in a mail, I think you lost because they have a bigger national army.

Crimson Shadow Guest

LB is correct, in Standard Attacks it is everything vs everything. So yes, SAMs defend. Only thing that acts differently in SA is jets, which will attack but won't count towards defense.

Zardozr is also correct in that you have to consider the national army when making an attack. A defending state could receive up to 50% defense bonus if their NA has enough units in it to fully support the defender.

You can choose what you want to send in an SA though, and if ACE did not send any jets or bombers then Sams should be little more than cannon fodder.

I only sent Inf, and Ships... Im still figuring things out, so maybe it was Nation Army. I sent 10% more thinking I was covered. How do u figure out the Nation Army allowance ?

its not totally more vs less, there is a small random factor i believe is 10 or 15%. send way more until you get the hang of it. i send all units every time unless in a war situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I only sent Inf, and Ships... Im still figuring things out, so maybe it was Nation Army. I sent 10% more thinking I was covered. How do u figure out the Nation Army allowance ?
    Well you could either a) go use all units or b) obtain state info and use what you think is necessary to win
    DKO, LoR, ICN, ARC and SLOB.
    ELE AND UK

Born from LoR and die greater

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

Missionary Guest

im going to go with you having 2mill ships already doesnt help :-)

Ships always help, the person he attacked has 2 million ships as a matter of fact.