Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I only sent Inf, and Ships... Im still figuring things out, so maybe it was Nation Army. I sent 10% more thinking I was covered. How do u figure out the Nation Army allowance ?
    Strange I set up the nation army dispatch to 50% as it should be.
    DKO, LoR, ICN, ARC and SLOB.
    ELE AND UK

Born from LoR and die greater

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    its not totally more vs less, there is a small random factor i believe is 10 or 15%. send way more until you get the hang of it. i send all units every time unless in a war situation.
    Yes, I forgot to mention that there is a defensive random factor. Last I knew it fluctuated between 7% and 8%.

Quote Originally Posted by zardozr View Post
    You can choose what you want to send in an SA though, and if ACE did not send any jets or bombers then Sams should be little more than cannon fodder.
    The game doesn't follow what should be "logical." It takes total offensive value vs total defensive value (plus NA plus above random factor).
    So yes, 100k SAMs would win vs 100k infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I only sent Inf, and Ships... Im still figuring things out, so maybe it was Nation Army. I sent 10% more thinking I was covered. How do u figure out the Nation Army allowance ?
    A national army will temporarily send an additional 50% units to help defend (you also get up to an additional 50% units to attack). So a state with 1,000,000 infantry will receive an additional 500,000 units to help defend, bringing their total to 1,500,000 infantry. The reason why this is up to 50% is it depends on what the nations choose to supply (ask your leader for your specific support) and if there are enough units to help. So in the previous example if the support is set to 50% but the nation only has 200,000 infantry in reserve then the support will be 100,000 for a total of 1,100,000 infantry (since the max support can be 50%).

So to sum up, most nations have support set to 50%. So, both attackers and defenders get additional support of whatever is less (half of the state's army or half of the nation army).

I find it very misleading that sams count towards battle against non aircraft. The description of them clearly states that they are for "Defense In Air Raids" If Crimson Shadow is correct about what sams do then I think that description should be changed.

I've never seen the random factor go past 10%. My general rule when grabbing is if i'm a lot higher NW than the player i just send his NW of Infantry in with full NA backing and you should never have a problem

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

Why would you not just send 100% all the time
    Are there any negatives to sending everything just to be sure?
    Oh and one other thing on my mind, when attempting to spy does it just go off who has the most units (if both same level)

100% all the time for me. unless your competing for the absolute top spots (which takes alot of time and practice) just go 100%

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by diablo11633 View Post
    Why would you not just send 100% all the time
    Are there any negatives to sending everything just to be sure?
    Oh and one other thing on my mind, when attempting to spy does it just go off who has the most units (if both same level)
    There are a couple reasons why sending 100% isn't the best idea.
    1) Sending more units uses up more readiness (up to a maximum loss of 25% if you send all). This isn't really a big deal except during wars, but it does mean that it will take more turns to get back to 100% readiness which can result in some extra wasted turns between attacks.
    2) Sending more = losing more. Expect higher unit losses if you send significantly more than you need to. The losses are more noticeable when it is higher NW states vs higher NW states, but it does happen.

And to answer your other question, spies act differently all together. They have a large random factor which has been reduced some, but I don't think it is publicly known what the random factor is. Sometimes if you are very lucky 100,000 lvl 1s can break 300,000 lvl 8s, but it can go the other way. If you are unlucky 300,000 lvl 8s could fail against 100,000 lvl 1s.

Ahhh ok thanks, ill start trying to lower the amount little by little then to get a better idea

Crimson Shadow Guest

http://forums.nation-wars.com/showth...258-Calculator

This calculator is a little outdated but still works great. But generally, get a spy op first then you can plug their info into it and you can find out exactly what you need to send in order to win.