Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Comming Soon!

Default Comming Soon!

As most of you have noticed, we are changing some things around in the game. For the past few months we have been working behind the scenes updating, adding, removing several things within the game to help bring it up to date and remove the crap that has been laying around. We are cleaning things up and getting things organized. When completed (soon) we will be launching a LARGE push for the game. We will be advertising, emailing, facebooking and Maggio has said that he was going to do some sort of dance. Don't know what that is all about but we'll see.

We didn't want to get people here until we fixed some things. No sense in getting them here when we can't keep them here. Some of the things have already been installed. The new theme, new navigation and no more endless pages of navigation for the help/preferences section. We have accomplished much in a short time but there is still more to do as well. However, I thought I would fill you in on a couple larger changing aspects.

Attacks - We will be simplifying our attacks and what they do.

Standard Attack [SA]- All vs All = Land Grab
    Ground Attack [GA] - Inf/Tanks VS Inf/Tanks - Kills population, destroys buildings(small portion) and lowers readiness (random 1-4).
    Air Raid [AR] - Jets/Bombers VS Jets/SAMS - Kills land.
    Amphibious Assault [AA] - Ships VS Ships - Kills Inf/Tanks/Population and lowers readiness (random 1-9)

- Missiles will be removed from the game.

- Infantry values will be adjusted so they are not so appealing to horde. They will cost you more in upkeep, give you less power in attacks/defends and will eat more food.

-OIL

Oil will now be part of the game. Oil will be required for all mechanical units. Spies and Infantry will not require oil. As a start, to help get oil in the game and not create a huge panic, I am using the same setting for oil that was used for food. So if a unit needed .0005 food, it now uses .0005 oil. These will be adjusted in time. You'll see the readout for produced and consumed each time a turn is used. States will be able to build oil rigs and sell oil on the market. Combined with the Techer strat, this should allow a state to function the entire set. I wanted a larger variation for oil on the market so the min has been set to $80 and the max $120. I want to see undercutting like there is no tomorrow. Eventually people will grow tired of this and kill off the undercutting nations

This will need to be tweaked as we move forward, but it is a good starting point in the game. Oil is something that I have always wanted to add in the game and this was a perfect time to do it. Always thought it was stupid that mechanical units consumed food. . Some will say that this will hurt the farmer strat, but there will still be a demand for food as the food eating units will have their food consumption values raised a little. (mainly troops).

Spy Missions -

These are getting weeded out. We have way to many and nobody uses 70% of them. Some new ones will be added to help offset the smaller attacks. Before we used missiles to blow up units. Now we will use spies to handle more of these functions, with increased results. Also, I'll be making it so as you upgrade spies you will be able to do more missions.

We will be looking for other ways to help support the techer strat. I believe that the Oil strat could support itself for the whole set so adding ways to help techers would only help us have another strat. Upgrades will be handled using science instead of money. I have some other ideas for science that i will add later on. I just wanted to give you guys a little heads up on changes that will be happening soon.
    Last edited by Mr President; 02-19-2014 at 09:33.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

nice

sounds intresting might just have to come back and play a set or to when this happens

Missionary Guest

sounds awesome Mr.P :-).

maybe like the techer, farmer and oil strats together? so you can have buildings on each and the strat is still competitive?

Crimson Shadow Guest

This all sounds great! Thanks for your hard work Pres!

What spy ops are getting removed? Almost all spy ops are useful in war time, so that is the only change I am slightly hesitant about.

old dogs got new tricks huh

Great Ideas Mr.P

Can not even add constructive critisism

When you say SA will be ALL vs ALL, so this will enclude SAMs too? (I'm not stupid I know what ALL means, but want to double check)

Sams really should only count towards defense if someone is attacking you with aircraft.

"Standard Attack [SA]- All vs All = Land Grab"
    Please elaborate this one.

"Ground Attack [GA] - Inf/Tanks VS Inf/Tanks - Kills population, destroys buildings(small portion) and lowers readiness (random 1-4)."
    Remove tanks from the sentence and I agree.

"Air Raid [AR] - Jets/Bombers VS Jets/Bombers/SAMS - Kills land. (Yes bombers will now defend)"
    I'll stop at this for a little longer, since I completely disagree with this one. I feel that our air attack system was far from perfect, but I believe that tweaking it this much is no good. I'd recommend dropping the BR and returning to AR. jets/bombers vs jets/sams. In that way you could have either a strong attack and no defence (bombers). Or strong defence and no attack (sams). Or weak attack and defence at the same time (jets). With what you have suggested I will probably only go with jets or bombers. Depending on the fact which one is stronger. Or you could also make SAMs super strong, but since it is a important unit in SA as well, then it might as well get hoarded.

"- Missiles will be removed from the game."
    Should add tanks to that sentence.

"- Infantry values will be adjusted so they are not so appealing to horde. They will cost you more in upkeep, give you less power in attacks/defends and will eat more food."
    So another unit will be hoarded. You can't make all units equal. Why have different units then? If you are just doing this to stir the water and maybe then the older players wouldn't be winning so much, then I'd like to reiterate that if the older players worked hard once to get the mechanics straight, then they probably can do it once more. Or leave the game (I'm referring to nw 2.0, where old players either left or still won the sets).

"-OIL"
    I have no opinion.

"Spy Missions -"
    It's good that unnecessary things are removed.

I would also like to see some more stuff removed (state tax, two types of casher buildings).

Quote Originally Posted by blaa View Post
    "Standard Attack [SA]- All vs All = Land Grab"
    Please elaborate this one.

"Ground Attack [GA] - Inf/Tanks VS Inf/Tanks - Kills population, destroys buildings(small portion) and lowers readiness (random 1-4)."
    Remove tanks from the sentence and I agree.

"Air Raid [AR] - Jets/Bombers VS Jets/Bombers/SAMS - Kills land. (Yes bombers will now defend)"
    I'll stop at this for a little longer, since I completely disagree with this one. I feel that our air attack system was far from perfect, but I believe that tweaking it this much is no good. I'd recommend dropping the BR and returning to AR. jets/bombers vs jets/sams. In that way you could have either a strong attack and no defence (bombers). Or strong defence and no attack (sams). Or weak attack and defence at the same time (jets). With what you have suggested I will probably only go with jets or bombers. Depending on the fact which one is stronger. Or you could also make SAMs super strong, but since it is a important unit in SA as well, then it might as well get hoarded.

"- Missiles will be removed from the game."
    Should add tanks to that sentence.

"- Infantry values will be adjusted so they are not so appealing to horde. They will cost you more in upkeep, give you less power in attacks/defends and will eat more food."
    So another unit will be hoarded. You can't make all units equal. Why have different units then? If you are just doing this to stir the water and maybe then the older players wouldn't be winning so much, then I'd like to reiterate that if the older players worked hard once to get the mechanics straight, then they probably can do it once more. Or leave the game (I'm referring to nw 2.0, where old players either left or still won the sets).

"-OIL"
    I have no opinion.

"Spy Missions -"
    It's good that unnecessary things are removed.

I would also like to see some more stuff removed (state tax, two types of casher buildings).

At this time, Tanks will remain in the game.

The BR will be dropped. It will simply be AR and set up the same as It use to be, except now bombers will defend. Having Bombers defend is not going to be a huge difference. Most people won't even buy them as they didn't in the past. And if they do buy them, it will only be a couple million at most. SAMS power will be increased a little to help offset this change as well. As I said, I was only giving you all a glimps of some changes.

Infantry is the easiest to horde. It the least costly on all fronts and has a great deal of power. Increasing the values a little is not going to stop hording. But it will make it more costly to horde them. Nobody is going to horde ships or bomber. That's why everyone buys them at the end of the set. I'm certain people will master the new settings. Nothing I can do about them unless I make them have random values that change daily.

I am going back and forth on removing the tax. Before I do anything I really need to look at pros and cons for both sides. And having one building for casher is a possibility for the future.

And about the old players... I have nothing against them and I truly hope some return and play, but these changes are not about or for old players. They are so we can attract new players to the game. Old players are set in their ways and want everything to be how it was. Times change and so does the game. We can't attracts new people when we are constantly working to keep the old players happy. Not to mention, they only play for a set and then we don't see them again for a year.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"