Thread: Comming Soon!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Comming Soon!

As most of you have noticed, we are changing some things around in the game. For the past few months we have been working behind the scenes updating, adding, removing several things within the game to help bring it up to date and remove the crap that has been laying around. We are cleaning things up and getting things organized. When completed (soon) we will be launching a LARGE push for the game. We will be advertising, emailing, facebooking and Maggio has said that he was going to do some sort of dance. Don't know what that is all about but we'll see.

We didn't want to get people here until we fixed some things. No sense in getting them here when we can't keep them here. Some of the things have already been installed. The new theme, new navigation and no more endless pages of navigation for the help/preferences section. We have accomplished much in a short time but there is still more to do as well. However, I thought I would fill you in on a couple larger changing aspects.

Attacks - We will be simplifying our attacks and what they do.

Standard Attack [SA]- All vs All = Land Grab
    Ground Attack [GA] - Inf/Tanks VS Inf/Tanks - Kills population, destroys buildings(small portion) and lowers readiness (random 1-4).
    Air Raid [AR] - Jets/Bombers VS Jets/SAMS - Kills land.
    Amphibious Assault [AA] - Ships VS Ships - Kills Inf/Tanks/Population and lowers readiness (random 1-9)

- Missiles will be removed from the game.

- Infantry values will be adjusted so they are not so appealing to horde. They will cost you more in upkeep, give you less power in attacks/defends and will eat more food.

-OIL

Oil will now be part of the game. Oil will be required for all mechanical units. Spies and Infantry will not require oil. As a start, to help get oil in the game and not create a huge panic, I am using the same setting for oil that was used for food. So if a unit needed .0005 food, it now uses .0005 oil. These will be adjusted in time. You'll see the readout for produced and consumed each time a turn is used. States will be able to build oil rigs and sell oil on the market. Combined with the Techer strat, this should allow a state to function the entire set. I wanted a larger variation for oil on the market so the min has been set to $80 and the max $120. I want to see undercutting like there is no tomorrow. Eventually people will grow tired of this and kill off the undercutting nations

This will need to be tweaked as we move forward, but it is a good starting point in the game. Oil is something that I have always wanted to add in the game and this was a perfect time to do it. Always thought it was stupid that mechanical units consumed food. . Some will say that this will hurt the farmer strat, but there will still be a demand for food as the food eating units will have their food consumption values raised a little. (mainly troops).

Spy Missions -

These are getting weeded out. We have way to many and nobody uses 70% of them. Some new ones will be added to help offset the smaller attacks. Before we used missiles to blow up units. Now we will use spies to handle more of these functions, with increased results. Also, I'll be making it so as you upgrade spies you will be able to do more missions.

We will be looking for other ways to help support the techer strat. I believe that the Oil strat could support itself for the whole set so adding ways to help techers would only help us have another strat. Upgrades will be handled using science instead of money. I have some other ideas for science that i will add later on. I just wanted to give you guys a little heads up on changes that will be happening soon.
    Last edited by Mr President; 02-19-2014 at 09:33.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"