Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What kind of fishing do you like?

nice fish

zaxZ man I hate an eel. But That is just me I guess. We have little green eels here and they just look too much like a snake for my taste. Although, that is a huge bream!!! We have yellow perch in my ponds too.

My last deep sea trip I hooked a 9 ft hammer head shark. got him up to the boat and cut him free but he was HUGE!!!

IMG952013082495163119.jpg
    IMG95201308249518014495664.jpg

nice day on the chop tank river. a few small spot, but the tide wasn't moving. I caught a Maryland Terrapin which is cool though

You see that BLACK CLOUD following me? its been that kinda year.

Damn it, MAGGIO, you reminded me with your pics of my broken UL rod. Got it for present couple yrs ago. Then my brother (who isnt much of a fisher) borrowed it, without asking. Got the lure stuck on the river bottom and that sucker started just pulling with the rod. I had a damn ultra strong rope on it (i mean a rope not a plastic line). So its broken into 4 pcs. That reminds me that I should remind my brother that. He promised to repair it or fix it. And I have caught duck and grayfish but a turtle, wow. Well, not to mention, we dont have turtles here.
    Dogma, smoked eel is like.. sex in my mouth. I guess, if it wasnt so difficult to catch them, maybe they wouldnt taste so good . Anyways, how heavy is your largest catfish? You live in the South, right?
    [4:06:20] Pavel:
    Stepps : Always a good idea to try and get atleast 1 Estonian in your nation instead of what we got

I do live in the south but I don't get to fish catfish often. The ponds I fish in were stocked with bream and bass. Although, a 50 to 70# catfish is not uncommon in my area. The ling I have pictured was about 30 and was a lot of fun to catch but even better to eat.

I went for a little while this morning but the wind blowing too hard on the lake. That is the thing about fishing these woods ponds I fish, it is so quiet that the least little sound or ripple in the water spooks the fish. Not to mention the 30" of rain we have had in the last 2 months doesn't help either...

Quantum KVD 7' medium action. Penn fierce 2000 with 20# power pro braid.

dogma, how do i make my images appear instead of just being links?

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    dogma, how do i make my images appear instead of just being links?
    Link thru photobucket.

Went out Sat morning. Woke up a bit too early not really knowing when the sun was coming up. what great weather I had.

Started off all frogs (I have 5 frog lures) Had 3 serious misses while doing a high tempo dog walk but no hook ups.

Usually what I do is fish all morning with lures, but when it comes down to the last hour and I have not caught anything, I go live bait/bait. I went and caught a few blue gills with pink berkley gulp alive maggots on a mosquito hook and live lined them with a 6/0 circle hook and small bobber.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7WS...it?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7WS...it?usp=sharing

Went out yesterday afternoon. Tried a few of my spots with no luck, hunting for panfish and maybe a rock. I ended up in a brackish pond off little off of the upper bay. Hooked 13 white perch. Not too big but fun enough. The tide was coming in, and it was pushing water into the lake. You could see the current and tons of top water strikes popping all over the place. I just through my pan fish lures in the mix and snagged one after another for about 30 minutes as the sun set. Johnson Beetle Spin Black with Chart tips is my go to, but also had luck with a locally supplied lure called the perch pounder. I put a berkley gulp 1' minnow chart as a trailer to what I can only describe as a tight pocket spinner bait. Chesapeake Bay White Perch are similar in size of a blue gill and citation is 13" but they fight like hell on ultra light. Some say they are one of the best tasting but I have not taken any home and cleaned them yet.