Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What kind of fishing do you like?

Well, damn you, MAGGIO, and your nice pics. Its already below 0 celsius here and icefishing gets me drunk way too quickly.
    [4:06:20] Pavel:
    Stepps : Always a good idea to try and get atleast 1 Estonian in your nation instead of what we got

Last night went to the community fishing pier. I was pretty much all to myself for most of the time minus a few evening strollers. I was able to catch Spot Fish (bait) on demand. I was actually being a little wasteful only using the best portion of the fish as bait and refreshing it often. I was STILL using my left over Blood Worms from the Ocean City trip.

at first I used a top and bottom rig to catch bait, cut the bait and put a chunk on a Fish Finder Rig and threw it out there on a 6/0 circle hook. After I got some fresh bait, I used my bait rod to Live Line some of the Spot Fish. I wasnt getting any hits on the live line. Its fall so Rock Fish (striped bass) should be coming up the Chesapeake Bay.

I ended up with some SOLID hits on my Fish Finder but no hook ups. a school of Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs moved in and kept nibbling at my cut bait.

I went back to the Top and Bottom Rig and just kept catching fish in the 4-10" range to pass the time. I was out from 730-1015pm. There was NO wind, and although a bit chilly it was quiet as a mouse and the water was absolutely calm. The stars were shining last night. all and all it was a good trip regardless of not catching the BIG ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxZ View Post
    Well, damn you, MAGGIO, and your nice pics. Its already below 0 celsius here and icefishing gets me drunk way too quickly.
    below 0? OMG that sucks! I thought my season was dwindling.

I haven't been in a couple days but we have a fall season for red snapper opening up so I will be out deep sea fishing next week. We always limit out on snapper. It takes us longer to get to our spot than it does to catch our limit of fish.

you guys eat the fish you catch?!?!

I can only guess that in Estonia you do...
    I might go fishing next week for some Pikes, gonan break some laws and be a criminal, as the pike i catch is going on a frying pan! mmmm salavating already

Well, I know danes dont eat the fish they catch..
    Pike is a very tasty fish. Tell me, are you going to be overnight near the water or not? If yes, you could do the best soup ever.
    Stepps : Always a good idea to try and get atleast 1 Estonian in your nation instead of what we got

Nah gonna go in the morning, I been telling the guy I go with that we should eat the pike..and he is like in pike blah blah association and very protective of them hehe. But I think I got him convinced, as long as it is under 8 pounds (3.5kg)

haha is the soup called "uha" by any chance???
    Some guys even take a burnign log and put it out by sticking in it in the pot (obv take it out straight after) but it gives it extra flavour

hehe we had -5 2 weeks ago

Uhhaa (uha, yxa, uhhaa w/e ) ofcourse.. if you put potatoes in it, then its fish soup.. without it, its uhhaa. The best uhhaa is with pike for the meat.. and perch for the flavour. And when you do it right beside a lake or river.. tired from fishing all day, you light a fire and make the soup on it.. its the best food ever . And J?germeister or some other herb liquer for dessert .

Hedge, where do you live?

went last weekend at night with my son. pics and update to come. not much on the hook but will still make for a decent post.

didnt go this weekend as I caught a new HOUSE and will be making the move. this may totally **** up my fall season.