Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bitcoins, litecoins, worldcoins, megacoins...

Default bitcoins, litecoins, worldcoins, megacoins...

You probably have heard about those coins last year...

I'v been quit lucky starting early with bitcoins, and was able to mine a few (decimals) of bitcoins (like .8 or somthing like that) currently one bitcoin is 750 USD. You can make the math for .8 of a bitcoin..
    After this i'v been investing a bit on exchanges and personally i think this has a big future!

Since i own this server (where forums and nation-wars are hosted) I have the option to host here our own mining pool! In addition I paid already the server fees and we can do therefore a very cheap mining pool.

if we have enough interested people, who want to dedicate a bit of their GFX cards power to this nation-wars pool, we might be able to do things like this:
    - draw more attention to the nation-wars game, by other miners who will join
    - give away premiums to miners for the game?
    - pay for premium accounts with e-coins
    - make some money yourself (especially if you live in a country with low currency (electricity) costs. (like USA and eastern europe)
    - build up the community a bit more.
    - much more will follow later. options for e-currency are limitless

I have gathered a deep knowledge about this whole cryoptocurrency stuff, and are happy to join this knowlege.

In order to make this work, we need at least 7-10 people willing to get this pool working. (otherwise it will take too long to 'mine' the first coin)

Please let me know if you are interested.
    (also i will need mr. p's approval for this, to have the game involved)

Let me know your opinions here, and i will see if it is an option to invest for me time and money to set-up a mining pool!
    Last edited by youngwebsolutions; 01-02-2014 at 07:06.
    **Serving the planet**

Well, it's interesting but I don't think I'm smart enough to really understand it. If this goes forward just tell me what you need and I'll try to pitch in.

I am interested but don't know much about it... yet
    Only sky is the limit.

I will give full in dept help.. with 2 poeple sofar just interested, i will investigate on what to do next.

PS, would please advise your computer set-up?
    only important thing here is: what brand and type of GFX card do you have:
    e.g. AMD/ATI radeon 5970, or Nvidia gtx 270, etc
    **Serving the planet**

I'd help for the sake of raising the player count, but need to know more

For the intereste people, I will come up with a simple explanation of crypto currency, but these links will provide some information as well (don't get too overwhelmed though, i had the same i heard about this the first time as well..

http://www.megacoin.co.nz/ (one of the coins i would like to process to mine overhere)

Short explantion is easy words (i hope):

How it works :
    I am going to take the example of bitcoin, but it is similar for the other crypto coins. (like megacoins)
    A "miner" in our case will be a GPU ( video card ). When you put a miner on the network, it starts calculating MHs. As an example, an AMD 7850, will output around 270 MHs ( Mega hash / seconds ). There is nothing to do on your side beside the initial setup. Once it starts mining, forget about it, it will keep on going 24/7.
    THose MHs of calculation allow the miner to resolve " share of works ". Those shares are the encoded part of the network , where the transactions are hidden. Most of the time, 99.99999 %, a share is useless. That is defined by the current " difficulty ". The difficulty changes overtime, adapts itself to the number of miners on the network. The more miners, the harder it is to find an hidden transaction in a share. But... sometimes... your miner find a " block " of transaction, in a share. When it does, it generates 25 Bitcoins. They directly end up in your wallet.
    In order for your wallet to really have those 25 bitcoins, this " new block of transaction found " has to be validated by the network ( other miners ).
    The main issue is : the difficulty. ( https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Difficulty ).
    Because of numbers of miners on the network actually, it is nearly impossible for a " solo " miner to find a block. Remember that your miner is competing with the other miners on the network to be the first to find the block. To overcome that, people choose to mine in " pool ".
    A pool is directed by a server who sends the " Share of work " to miners. When one block is found, the 25 BTC are dispatched between all the miners of the pool, proportional to the number of shares of work they solved in the current " block round".

Since megacoin is relative new, it is still reasonable easy to find a "block". Once our pool finds the block, we can divide the coins amongst the miners that join our pool. You can join at any momen, and stop at any moment. (our payout will be less of course, since your share of the solutions will be less, if you do not work all round long, payouts are proportional to you added work: e.g. if you solve 10% of the hashes, you get 10% of the revenue)

the coins will be transferred to your local wallet (a program on your pc) from where you can spend them (see the first link for locations where to spend), or keep them in your wallet (safe) and await further price increase, or trade and an exchange and gain more value by selling high, buying low. In order to make this game more attractive, we could make payments for premiums possible in megacoins. (need to to discuss with mr. P) or give nice bonusses to miners in the pool, like premimum memberships etc.

These coins are mostly mined by computer minded people, which is also the target of this game. When we have new miners comming to our pool, we just have to convince them about the nice part of this great game. Hopefully this will attract an new player base then as well..

more to follow later!
    **Serving the planet**

I have worked last week hard on a nice website for mining..

You can test it out here: http://pool.youngwebsolutions.com
    *Note, do not care about the slow performance, this is a test set-up, for proove-of-work. Once we/I decide this might work, I will rent an new server with cuttting edge speeds.. *

In order to know if we have enough people on-board to justify a purchase of server, and make sure we have enough hashing power to make coins in reasonable amount of time, I invite you to sign-up on this website.
    http://pool.youngwebsolutions.com/in...?page=register

type a username (e.g. joe)
    type a password (e.g. 12345678)
    repeat password (e.g. 12345678)
    type an e-mail (no need for an actual e-mail)
    re type your email
    type a PIN (not very important, but required, eg. 1234)
    type your PIN again (1234)
    click on the red "X", to change it to a green checkbox
    Finally click: REGISTER

Now you can login, with username and pasword submitted.

Now go to: My workers
    type something for worker name: eg. "1"
    type a password: e.g. 'x' (again this is needed for scripting, but password is not important!!)

now you are set to do some test mining!!

go to http://mc2.xwebnetwork.com/storage/g...ries_v0.04.zip and download this zip file
    extract it to your harddisk (no install required, it is a portable program!!)

Open the folder where you extracted it to, and double click on the guiminer.exe
    Use the following data:
    Host: pool.youngwebsolutions.com
    Port: 3333
    username: your workername (with above example: joe.1)
    password: your worker pasword (with above example: x)
    Device: select your graphics card
    select from GPU defaults, dropdown list your card type, otherwise go here for some examples: https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison
    (this part can be finetuned later)
    If you don't know, but thread concurrency to 3000, worksize to 128, vectors to 1, Intensity to 12, GPU threads to 1 (very basic settings, which work for most cards)

IMPORTANT: put use stratum to "YES"
    now click start and see if miner connects. if so, you will see a value of KH/s appear in the bottom right corner,
    Post this value in this forum.

Let it run for a few minutes, and go the website dashboard and check your earnings!!
    **PLEASE NOTE, you are mining on a test network, earned coins are NOT VALID AND COMPLETLY USELESSS**
    this is just a test and a calculation of how much GH/s we approx can generate

If we have enough people involved I will set-up a server for real coins!!
    **Serving the planet**

This is interesting. I will look further into this.

I can see where it might attract new members and we can definitely figure out a way to incorporate this into our game if we gain enough interest.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

**Update**

Please note pool at earlier mentioned location http://pool.youngwebsolutions.com is now active on the live network. If you manage to connect you can start trying to get real coins!! Use the instructions earlier, but remember to apply good paswords this thime, since this is now a live dbase!!!

I will be on a holiday for about a week, and when i return I will transfer the pool as it is now, to a new server (much faster) and all progress will be saved to the new server as well.
    I won't be able to help you out, since i only have tablet internet, but I will keep watching this topic.

My estimate is that with about 4 people joining we can get about 120 coins a day.. (divivded over the share % of every contributor)
    Next steps then will be to promote this pool, get external members and promote this game on the pool (+ mr. will need to start accepting coins as payment for premiums etc)

Let me know your progress!
    **Serving the planet**

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

can't download the zip