View Poll Results: What age group do you think this game is geared to?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16 and under

0 0%
  • 18-23

0 0%
  • 24-30

6 100.00%
  • 30+

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who does this game gear towards?

Default Who does this game gear towards?

Hi guys, was talking with Pavel the other day regarding the adverting of this game. It got me thinking, what demographic, age or whatever do you think this type of game is geared towards now?

When WoW was around, text based games were really popular. I would say that the game generally than was geared towards men 16-24 the most part. ( I cannot remember for certain though).

When NW started, I don't remember many, if any, High school (14-17) year olds playing this game. I would say at that point, the game was geared more towards 18-30 or so.

Now, it seems like almost all the players are old men (dogma, pres) married, or just about to start a family over the next few years. It seems like the average age of the players over the last year is well over 25. Once again though, I could be wrong.

What age group, demographic or location should be gear our advertising to? I think it would be pretty pointless trying to advertise this game to 14-16 year olds as they seem to look at it, say wow no graphics or guns or explosions and move onto the next graphic based game.

Perhaps what we need to do, is create an App for this game and release it in the Apple/android stores? Perhaps with a more efficient mobile version, this game will become a little bit more popular. Specifically with the random downloads that we may receive. I don't know if doing that is financially possible or even worth it.

What do you guys think?
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

People who aren't in their teens anymore rarely dive into new games and try everything new out. I can't remember the last time I "learned" a new game in the computor. Still pretty much playing all the games I used to play when I was under 18. So I think go with the teens (no pedo).

I made a suggestion a while back about turning this game into an app. Many people are do not spend time playing games on their computer, most people play games from their phones now, and if it's not an app, it may as well not be a game. There are many text based games that became super popular as apps, like mafia wars. but they get ruined by having to make in game purchases to stay competitive or the games are never ending so there is no real goal. I could see this game getting many more players as an app in any demographic because people like playing lots of games on their phones. The end

We began working on an app for the game but then I has to start traveling 2hrs each way for work and all my free time simply dried up. I have received word that very soon I will be back at my normal office working which will give me a little more time to get back to work on some things, and the app is one of them.

Before we can complete the app there were several things I needed to clean up. Still working on them but I can assure you, there will be an app for Nation Wars in the future.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Nice! I think that is 1 of the most needed things to make this game grow...hopefully

PS a 2 hour commute each way is insane. No wonder you have no time.

I have made a simple app, but it nees some basic authentication change in the game. We can release the app (android only) any time soon, as mr. P make Miss P. happy by being home more, so he is allowed to work on the game more.. ;-)
    **Serving the planet**

K I need it for the iphone but getting it on android is a great start

That sounds great pres. Looking forward to this.

Pres, I don't remember and I can't find the stats, but do you remember how the facebook ads did about 2 years ago? I remember seeing a few thousand clicks over the course of the week or so we ran ads.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Yes Mrs. P is very excited that I'll be home sooner and not leaving as early (4:30 am each day). Nball, I do not remember the stats for the FB ad.

i dont think hunk it was a huge success but something like that needs constant showings. We can't run it for a week and then go away. Perhaps when the app is released I can devote some funds and run it again.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"