Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Set

Default Next Set

There will be two new changes being implemented next set.

Science Tech for upgrades- States will now have to use science instead of cash to upgrade their military units. This will offer a large boost to the techer start.

Loans- under the bank tab states will be able to take out a loan to help them be cash positive during slow times. Interest rates will be set to 3% per loan. Each state can take up to 500 million in loans. Interest is added on at the time of loan. Every time you use a turn a payment will be made. You'll see this listed in your expenses. It also breaks out how much of the expense was used for a loan payment. The payment amount is based on 400 turns to pay it back. Loans will not be granted the last week of the set and they MUST be paid back in full to have your state placed in the final ranks at the end of the set. If you have an unpaid loan your state will be deleted and not added to the stats

States are able to manually pay back the loan as well. Currently the system is set up to make a payment per turn until you reach 500.00 balance. After that you will need to manually pay off the loan. You'll see reminders each turn so you don't forget :-)

This is a nice feature to help states from time to time but be careful as it can really cost you a lot or even ruin a state if abused. There is no bankruptcy option. And you can't delete until your loan is paid off as well

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

That's a cool new thing to add that could really alter a start up strategy

The loans I mean, the science upgrade is a good idea to see if it can really enhance the tech strategy

I like these changes. It will definitely help out the game.

One thing that should be changed to, is the unit information. You cannot tell the oil consumption for any of the units.

Keep up the good work pres!
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Andy, Oil is same as food...just if it is a metal thing,, then its oil..

Andy, I don't know what you mean by you can't see the oil consumption of the units?

Go to http://game.nation-wars.com/gamesettings.php to see this.

The units that do not require oil won't have a consumption and visa versa for food.

(Overview drop down --> Game info)

I should have been more specific. The upgrade page doesn't show oil, it does show food though.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

awe yes... you are correct. Thank you for pointing that out. I totally missed that.

I made the change to reflect oil now.
    Last edited by Mr President; 02-20-2014 at 14:43.

Missionary Guest

The amount of loans taken out should be in relation to the size of the state surely? So soon as the set starts I can take out 500mill loan?

Science sounds good though. I've come round to it,although that might be the lack of sleep haha.

Due to practically no down time between sets this round I implemented next sets changes today.

Loans-

Minimum Amount - 100M
    Maximum Amount - 500M
    Interest Rate - 3%

Payments are made tow ways.
    1) Manual Payment. You can go to the bank page and make a payment at any time.

2) Each turn a payment towards your loan is made. As your loan balance declines, so does your payment. You will see the amount in a line below expenses. Automatic turn payments will continue until your loan reaches a balance of $500.00. After that you will need to manually make a payment. You will be reminded each turn to make a payment. Payments are based on a 400 turn payoff of the balance.

Interest is charged at the start of the loan. When you enter the amount to borrow, 3% will be added to the borrowed amount. You can't borrow prior to the round starting and you can't borrow 7 days before the end of the set. If you don't pay your loan back your state will not finish the set or be listed in any of the past records. If you continually not pay your loans back set after set the loan feature will not be available to you in future sets.

Tech for upgrading units-

Science will now be required for upgrading military units. There are no extra costs to upgrade if you already have units on hand. (I changed that this set as well in case none of you noticed) This is going to put a larger demand for science. We will see how this works out. I have two concerns, 1) that we are too small and won't have the proper amount of techers to support the new demand and 2) this may make techer too strong. We'll play a set and see how it goes. If the supply is far less than the demand I'll boost up the auto fill for the market.

Tank Prices and Values -

I will be increasing the price of tanks and other values.

Infantry -

Strength will be increased.

Population -

Population will now begin to consume Oil.

Tanks, Jets, Bombers and Ships will now begin to consume food again. This won't be a great amount at first. We are taking small steps until we find the sweet spot. Originally I made it so they didn't consume food but they should.

Oil prices and consumption values will not be changed this set. I'm happy with how things are right now. I think this is going to be a competitive strat.

Sometime during next set I'll reopen the mobile version of the game. Once I do this I will be able to concentrate on getting the App up and running for testing and then final release.

Enjoy!