Thread: The Progession and downfall of Nukezone

pcgluva Guest

Default The Progession and downfall of Nukezone

[if you want to main point of this post skip to third paragraph]
    I know most of you remember the progression of World-Of-War, and then Nation-wars. Another game that I have played for almost as long as this one would be Nukezone.nu, In 05 the game had nearly 60k players, and logged in users was caped at 1k, the game has been slowly decaying for years and now it on its last licks. Guffy the Admin has pretty much pulled a svenneman move and given up on the game. He just restarts it we continue to play.

I had the joy of leading ELE, Extinction Level Event, for many years with Verboden Rijk (Danny) we took over from Bled4dayz ( Vortex ) here who was a big mentor in both games way back when. Round 13ish we are now on round 58, ELE Retired its name last set and merged with a fellow clan and now are competing in the top ten.

Im sorry to give all that background. Today I came across a post from a moderator who found some logs he shared on the forums. The one attached is the games changes dating back to 2006. While the game runs different systematically there has been ton of changes and some ideas could pose beneficial to Nation Wars. I have yet had the opportunity to fully read through the whole document but i can remember many game changes and rest run on many options back in the day. I have attached the link to the manual so you can see how the game has been run, and the changes.

NZ community has been abandoned like a puppy dog and it will die out before Nation-Wars does, unless someone purchases it, which has been shot down multiple times by its owner, mainly due to the fact there is enough members buying prem accounts to keep it running. Once they stop paying he will most likely shut down before ever selling it.

Take a look or ignore all of this I just thought some may enjoy seeing the progression of another game like ours.

http://nzstats.info/manual-R48.htm
    http://nzstats.info/NZChanges.txt

I approached them about purchasing the game but they were not interested. I figured it was due to them still making enough money on premiums, but you're right, I think once those die off they will just shut it down.

There were many features of NZ that I liked and many I did not. I would have loved to purchase that game and kept it running. We could have combined the best parts of NW and NZ to make one really sweet game.

It's funny how a game of 30+ will outlast a game that once had 60k. It's a shame that NZ won't be around a whole lot longer. Pcgluva, keep me posted on info about it from time to time. If you ever have the opportunity talk to them about Nation-Wars buying the game or maybe we can come up with another idea.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

pcgluva Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    I approached them about purchasing the game but they were not interested. I figured it was due to them still making enough money on premiums, but you're right, I think once those die off they will just shut it down.

There were many features of NZ that I liked and many I did not. I would have loved to purchase that game and kept it running. We could have combined the best parts of NW and NZ to make one really sweet game.

It's funny how a game of 30+ will outlast a game that once had 60k. It's a shame that NZ won't be around a whole lot longer. Pcgluva, keep me posted on info about it from time to time. If you ever have the opportunity talk to them about Nation-Wars buying the game or maybe we can come up with another idea.
    Will do Mike, I have been keeping a close eye on the forums for the past few months. With each restart GUffy takes longer (usually a week) to restart the round, each time this happens I bet he looses atleast 5% membership. I will mention it a few times again on the forums and see if anyone bites.

It takes a lot to keep a game going. It takes mostly time and when the user base begins to decline it starts to become harder and harder because you're thinking what the hell is the point. Maybe send a message to Guffy and extend an idea of a possible merger or something. Maybe he would let us host it on our server and I'll help him keep up with things. He may just be ready to let it all go and not want anything to do with it.. Who knows. Good luck and let me know if you need me to talk to him. Feel free to give him my contact information as well.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

pcgluva Guest

Information About Guffy
    Name: Stefan Karlstr?m
    Assignment: CEO, Lead Developer, Chief Administrator
    Nickname: Guffy
    Province: Guffy (#1)
    E-mail: To contact me, send a message to Customer Support.
    Languages: Swedish, English
    Time Zone: GMT-5
    Computer: Yes
    Favorite Games: Shogo, Total Annihilation, Max Payne 2
    Favorite Sites: www.vimeo.com, www.deviantart.com
    Favorite Movies: The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, Office Space, Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, Brokedown Palace, Star Wars, Resident Evil 1 and 2, AntiTrust
    Favorite TV Series: Dark Angel, 24, Lost, Heroes, CSI, Friends
    Favorite Music: Green Day, Millencolin, Avril Lavigne
    Likes: Photography, Traveling, Late Nights, Jessica Alba, NYC, .NET
    Dislikes: Early Mornings, Disappointers, Winter
    Homepage: http://stef.se/
    Biography: Q: What did the banana say to the orange?
    A: You will die you orange bastard.

heres his contact bio

pcgluva Guest

I sent him a message aswell as number 2 and 3 we will see if i get a reply

I played this game for many years, untill my account got banned, for (what i think) of no reason... I gave up then..

I remember the great days, you had to dial in for internet, and once you were connected after 30 seconds of loud phone beebs, you came to the point, you were not allowed to sign in because 1000+ users online.. Man what was i a slave of that game back then
    **Serving the planet**

So maybe we could keep the games separate but merge the communities. (Combine the membership and forums)