Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Induction of Nations in Hall of Fame

Default Induction of Nations in Hall of Fame

So I was wondering why it is that only USA is inducted in the hall of fame? I know that the inducted individuals are not necessarily retired players, but game changing players. By that same standard should not the other nations that have shaped this game be inducted. No offense to USA but as for being seen as a key game changer and to be recognized in the Hall of Fame, is not something I see. Especially if they are the only nation in there.

DAK, AF, E, LoR, SLOB, SKY, RO, EURO, WLF, are few nations I can think of that have definitely been game changers, and should be inducted.
    Legion of Riot for Life!
    We Arived, We Observed and We CONQUERED!!

I thought there were more inducted. They can't be an active nation though which is why lor and slob are not in that list. I could be wrong about that though.

Sky, wlf, ro, euro, dak and e are all good recommendations.
    I played in most of those nations at least once, the one set I was in AF, we were warred by LOr.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

don't forget FED and whatever the nation was that tnova was a boss with remember Evil Noob...he was pretty awesome to
    Last edited by MarineRecon; 05-17-2014 at 22:02.

there should be a system where players/nations get nominated and than voted on say every 3, 6, 9, or 12 months...and the top ones of each category move on but the nominations have to have legit reasoning to be added to the nomination card or whatever...the voting for being inducted could be a player based vote or staff only or a designated group that decides on the winner based off the reasoning behind each and history experianced

Quote Originally Posted by northbabylon View Post
    I thought there were more inducted. They can't be an active nation though which is why lor and slob are not in that list. I could be wrong about that though.

Sky, wlf, ro, euro, dak and e are all good recommendations.
    I played in most of those nations at least once, the one set I was in AF, we were warred by LOr.
    Yeah I think Nations should be inducted based off the merit of the impact they have had on the game as oppose to retirement of the tag itself. We do want to promote TAGs to stick around and grow to become famous, I believe we are aiming for an increasing as oppose to a shrinking player base.

As such it should be for new leaders to try and aspire like the old and new tags of this game to become prestigious. Not by playing the tag to retirement to get inducted into the hall of fame.

Our Hall of Fame for individuals, is based not on the fact of players retiring, as several still continue to play on. I think the Hall of Fame for nations should have new inductions for sure! And I think your right Andy it stands as for now for Tags that are retired, but as I state my point earlier. I think we want to promote people and tags to stick around and those that do shouldn't be forgotten. LoR for example may vanish for a year or months but make a come back every now and then. Other leaders may do the same or just are fantastic by themselves.

Prez, I think you should make changes this way people have more reason to make a name for their nation and this can result in a U turn from our current player base shrinkage!
    Legion of Riot for Life!
    We Arived, We Observed and We CONQUERED!!

Missionary Guest

did half of those nations even play in NW? pretty sure a few of them havent, so are you talking about NW or WOW and NW?

i agree they shouldnt need to be retired but they should have atleast played NW .

^ that is also a valid point...did all of those players play NW though than???

I also don't think being inducted into the hall of fame should be based off achieving all the medals either...pretty easy to get a group of guys to support you and let you get all the kills or feed you to the top so theres really no skill in achieving them

Quote Originally Posted by MarineRecon View Post
    I also don't think being inducted into the hall of fame should be based off achieving all the medals either...pretty easy to get a group of guys to support you and let you get all the kills or feed you to the top so theres really no skill in achieving them

Umm... I won most of the sets with absolutely 0 feeding, counting those that have highest scores. And if you're talking about heyne this set, then I'm not aware that someone sold him units with minimum price or anything close to it. As far as I know he has bought almost all his units with close to full price. I have been back only for a few sets but it seems not much has changed since I stopped playing, because if it's "pretty easy to get a group of guys to support you" why is it that only Estonians win the sets? Last set there was feeding wars we didn't start but came out as winners. So you have to admit that there is little skill involved and yes, of course a lot of teamwork. Though to achieve the warring medals you don't need a group of guys, just 1 guy. Given the right conditions, that is a set when big nations are not warring, you and your friend have to create nations and "war" with each other - this has been done in the past and it has worked. As for getting the most kills, hasn't it worked like that in any nation, that one guy says that "hey, can I get the kills" and if his nation doesn't have too much jerks he does get them.

There were quite a few threads in the past where a netter got into war and it was said, that the name of the game is "Nation-WARS". Now I'm pointing out that the name of the game is "NATION-Wars", so you can't go solo and win a set all by yourself, you need to have a decent nation behind you. Now I'm not implying that you need to feed the top state, but more often than not you need to do sacrifices for your nation, but I gladly help my nation. I don't know about you guys, but it makes happier when my teammate wins a set rather than I finish say 10 spots higher.

P.S. I got all the medals years ago and have not yet introduced to HOF.