Thread: Market times

Default Market times

What does everyone think of the new 3-6 hour window for pm goods? I think we have the right idea, but it's a little overboard. My vote would be for 1-3 hours

I think 1-2 hours was too little as people were abusing it to marketfeed a lot. I dont feel 1-3 hours would be enough. 3-6 or 4-6 is good enough. If you marketfeed with those hours then you deserve the edge it gives you

I think the problem with feeding isnt how far after you put the goods on the market that they begin to pop up its the time between when they can start and will for sure be on the market. having the possibility of the goods hitting in one hour is fine as long as any one who wants to feed is willing to refresh the PM for more than one hour. So i think a 1-4 or 2-5 hour window would be better. who has the time resolve to refresh the pm for 4 hours. haha.
    [TNG][WLF][LoR][WINGS]

Quote Originally Posted by AnAveragejoey View Post
    I think the problem with feeding isnt how far after you put the goods on the market that they begin to pop up its the time between when they can start and will for sure be on the market. having the possibility of the goods hitting in one hour is fine as long as any one who wants to feed is willing to refresh the PM for more than one hour. So i think a 1-4 or 2-5 hour window would be better. who has the time resolve to refresh the pm for 4 hours. haha.
    Even better of a point. I agree 100%

Lo; John jumped me to it, I actually started making a poll the other day and then got distracted

but basically what Joey said, Also I think market analyses helps too, coz if there is a feeder, he can be found and killed
    But as and Indy state last set, I found it very hard with 6 hour thing. I would prefer 4 hours max but keep 3 hour range.

There were times where I sent goods to the market before bed and the goods still didn't hit the market when I woke up in the morning.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Missionary Guest

need to get more sleep there andy . 2-5 hours sounds better i think.

From an Indy point of view, I think the times should be less rather than more, i know it worked fine in the past, but we have less members now.

I just want to outline few thought processes that went through my head as an Indy state last set.

The main idea of the 3-6 hour was done due to the amount of feeding happening, which is fair, we fed like crazy! However, now with market analyses and majority of players having been involved in a feeding war. We can all agree that we do not like it and would all prefer a fair race. Feeding is even easier to spot with market analyses too, which will decrease it.

But I think the "anti feeding" war has damaged the Indy strategy severely. Now Indy state can play his turns max 2-3 times per day, also he can not stock turns, or if he can he is under huge difficulties to play them all at once. Realistically, Indy state can store turns in the beginning of the set and after he breaks away from 2nd spot and has shiloads of spies. Any other situation puts him at a huge disadvantage. In an indy/Cashier race for the top, cashier can store all his turns and cash with low expenses, Indy can not do that, as 300 turns worth of expenses is a huge chunk of army to be sold, and this will allow 3rd state to grab indy state when things are being sold. Giving an upper hand to the Cashier.

Next problem, if Indy state decided to take that gamble and store 300 turns + up to 90 turns in bonuses, then he needs to find a buyer for his units, which encourages cooperation with other players to buy ur stuff on PM as our community is too small now to have a top Indy state sell large chunk of his army fast. This is the same cooperation you are trying to discourage by the 3-6 hour rule.

As an example from last set, during one of our strikes, in order to play my turns I had to sell all my SAMs and all My inf (10mil +130mil) and leave me only with ships and spies, and still that was not enough to play all of my 400+ turns. I had to sell over 10mil of spies and ships on BM to play my the rest of my 400 turns, which put me out from the netting race we were having between NiP states. If I sold more units on PM, then I wouldn't be able to AA or spy on some states.
    And this is from an active state, less active states can play their turns even less times per day.

I do not feel that the 3-6 hour rule damages any other strategy as much as Indy, and therefore ask for a reduction of max time before units hit PM.

p.s. if you are worries that feeding will come back, then I will nominate NiP as feeders patrol, We will kill off the offending states.

If it does make it harder for indies to play the game, we should definitely be looking at alternatives