Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think it might be time

Default I think it might be time

Maybe this is just my frustrations, But i have played the oiler strat the past few rounds and have found it to be very difficult to move one way or the other with it. Its about the half way point for July set and my state has over 1 bil oil on the PM and oil prices are under 90. I understand the implications that the war had on oil consumption but my state makes up 65% of all build oil land in the game right now. It doesn't seem viable to call it a strategy if it is overwhelmed by having 1 semi active stocker and one not very active stocker playing it. maybe there is a balance out there but it just seems silly to keep the two consumables.
    [TNG][WLF][LoR][WINGS]

I think MrP likes his oil, so before removing it we should try to have those two consumables being able to switch their production at Tax and Production link.

Sadly, more than half of the states in the game died this set. This will have a HUGE effect on every strat. But Techer, Farmer and Oiler strats will be hit the hardest. I think the settings we have oil set at right now are pretty good. But I can't fully tell until we have a not so active warring set. Yes it is true, I like my Oil but if it is proven it doesn't work then I would remove it. I don't think it has been proven yet. We are just having a bad set due to warring.

I am working on some new things that I think will help Techer, Farmer and Oiler strats. We would make it like Indy's where you can adjust your production of each. I'm including techer right now but may eliminate it if needed. When they game code was written, it wasn't designed for food, oil and science to be produced or sold this way so I basically have to re-write all the parts that include these. So it will take some time. Once it's completed I will set up a test server and have you all test it out before we add it to the main game.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Sadly, more than half of the states in the game died this set. This will have a HUGE effect on every strat. But Techer, Farmer and Oiler strats will be hit the hardest. I think the settings we have oil set at right now are pretty good. But I can't fully tell until we have a not so active warring set. Yes it is true, I like my Oil but if it is proven it doesn't work then I would remove it. I don't think it has been proven yet. We are just having a bad set due to warring.

I am working on some new things that I think will help Techer, Farmer and Oiler strats. We would make it like Indy's where you can adjust your production of each. I'm including techer right now but may eliminate it if needed. When they game code was written, it wasn't designed for food, oil and science to be produced or sold this way so I basically have to re-write all the parts that include these. So it will take some time. Once it's completed I will set up a test server and have you all test it out before we add it to the main game.

I agree, i think we will see true value of the strategies next set, as we all agreed peace (i hope so anyway).

Also Joey, wait till ZA and LOR restarts get back on their feet, they will add a lot of cash in to the game, and u will be fine with potentially a shortage of oil on the PM.

Well this did make me feel better about it. My major concern is, if it can only be played in peaceful sets, that doesn't really make it a viable strategy. But i like that things are being thought up! the idea of adjusting production sounds shwiggty shweettt.
    [TNG][WLF][LoR][WINGS]

I spent the afternoon working on the new "Resource" strat. I have almost completed it. Basically what I am doing now is matching up productions from our current game set up to the new one. I need to make it so when you have it set to 100% food it is producing the same amount (with the same tech and farms) as our game does now. I need to do this for each of the resources.

I have been playing the test server game with the new setup and I REALLY like it. This makes the most sense for our game right now. People have the ability to change productions at anytime without any penalty. Just as Indy is able to do with Military goods. I think you all are going to like it. I will prob pick 5-10 of our most active members to test this out. When testing, I will need you to build a state like you normally would and use the markets like you normally would. Please don't go killing other states. In fact, you shouldn't even have to grab anyone. I'll provide you with plenty of turns for you to use and try it out. If we get testing and tweaking completed within the next few weeks, we could implement this new change as early as next set.

I spent the afternoon working on the new "Resource" strat. I have almost completed it. Basically what I am doing now is matching up productions from our current game set up to the new one. I need to make it so when you have it set to 100% food it is producing the same amount (with the same tech and farms) as our game does now. I need to do this for each of the resources.

I have been playing the test server game with the new setup and I REALLY like it. This makes the most sense for our game right now. People have the ability to change productions at anytime without any penalty. Just as Indy is able to do with Military goods. I think you all are going to like it. I will prob pick 5-10 of our most active members to test this out. When testing, I will need you to build a state like you normally would and use the markets like you normally would. Please don't go killing other states. In fact, you shouldn't even have to grab anyone. I'll provide you with plenty of turns for you to use and try it out. If we get testing and tweaking completed within the next few weeks, we could implement this new change as early as next set.
    I volunteer as tribute

I would like to help you with testing.

Quote Originally Posted by AnAveragejoey View Post
    Well this did make me feel better about it. My major concern is, if it can only be played in peaceful sets, that doesn't really make it a viable strategy. But i like that things are being thought up! the idea of adjusting production sounds shwiggty shweettt.
    The same could be said about any strat really. If an Indy nation gets destroyed, less goods will be on the market. Wars are a double sided sword. They bring a lot of action and fun to the game and it's great for the economy due to all the turns being used and goods being purchased, but the other side is, our consumers are being killed

The answer has always been and always will be, we need more members. More members would light this games economy way up. No matter what way we change things around, the bottom line is, we need more members.

Hopefully this new change will work out well. I think it makes sense for us right now. And then we really need to drive advertising for this game. We need to light up facebook, get the app completed and advertise on other sites. These are just a few ideas we need to do. There are a bunch more as well. I can't do all of this alone. If we want the game to survive we all need to pitch in and help out. We always talk about it and then we get a good start but then people lose interest and stop promoting the game. We must stay focused!

I could help by updating different pages in the game (for example the manual). Changes are good, but they need to be appropriately updated in all parts of the website.