Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think it might be time

Quote Originally Posted by blaa View Post
    I could help by updating different pages in the game (for example the manual). Changes are good, but they need to be appropriately updated in all parts of the website.
    I've noticed some descriptions in-game are a bit dated so this would help.

Yes, gotta get in people in the door, pres. Let's focus on advertising and I think the home page could use an update as well. From there, no one can properly learn this game on their own. We need vets to be active in helping new members, especially eager ones like our friend Whilston

Whats wrong with the homepage? That theme is only a little over a year old. I think it's still very fitting. You don't like the theme?

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

I personally don't like the new theme at all...but again, I am stuck in my own ways. Also, it is very hard to play the new theme on a mobile device.

We need some half naked model on the home page, if evonyonline can get people to play with their ads having a computer generated busty woman, we should be able to also.

Have a picture of Scarlet Johanssen riding a tank, now that will get people interested.

But on a serious note, the GE still has 'kamikazi' in the drop down, not a huge issue, but something that can be removed.

As for this testing, the main issue I see so far, is that if you are running a 'resourcer' you would nearly never need to buy tech, oil or food. Previous, if you ran an oiler, you would need to buy tech to upgrade and food to feed your troops.

Right now, if I was at 95% oil and 5% food, I can feed myself for the majority of my growth (if you stock or stay moderately low, you can keep it at 1%) and still have a net of food growth while producing almost all oil.

If you are able to split it that way, there needs to be a bit of a penalty otherwise all the people playing 'resource' will not ever buy tech,food or oil. This will severly hurt them as they are waiting for their goods to sell.

Maybe have a 'conversion' penalty, where production is cut in half for the first 20 turns after converting from oiler, farmer or techer.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

yeah whether you produce 100% of something is the same if you did 75% food and 25% oil...no decrease in production at all so you can make a killing with it currently

I also found a script error when intelling but that's nothing to do with the resource strat

Missionary Guest

i think merge the oiler and farmer whilst still keeping the tech option as an individual strat. i like the techer on its own as it works well keeping out of a nation or in a nation with 0 to little tax as it doesnt need any help from the nation dev.centre.

i dont think it would hurt the sale of food or oil the way its at, as most people pplaying these strats elect to go stocker the amount they purchase is pretty limited neways.

Quote Originally Posted by northbabylon View Post
    I personally don't like the new theme at all...but again, I am stuck in my own ways. Also, it is very hard to play the new theme on a mobile device.

We need some half naked model on the home page, if evonyonline can get people to play with their ads having a computer generated busty woman, we should be able to also.

Have a picture of Scarlet Johanssen riding a tank, now that will get people interested.

But on a serious note, the GE still has 'kamikazi' in the drop down, not a huge issue, but something that can be removed.

As for this testing, the main issue I see so far, is that if you are running a 'resourcer' you would nearly never need to buy tech, oil or food. Previous, if you ran an oiler, you would need to buy tech to upgrade and food to feed your troops.

Right now, if I was at 95% oil and 5% food, I can feed myself for the majority of my growth (if you stock or stay moderately low, you can keep it at 1%) and still have a net of food growth while producing almost all oil.

If you are able to split it that way, there needs to be a bit of a penalty otherwise all the people playing 'resource' will not ever buy tech,food or oil. This will severly hurt them as they are waiting for their goods to sell.

Maybe have a 'conversion' penalty, where production is cut in half for the first 20 turns after converting from oiler, farmer or techer.

I like the new theme. I think it fits our game well. I have no problem changing it, but I think we should take a poll on opinion of the current theme first before any changes are needed.

Remember, this is a test server. There are things on it that don't make sense, but have no effect on what we need to be testing, ie Resource Strat.

And I doubt Scarlet would pose nude for us. She is still pretty mad at me for breaking up with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Missionary View Post
    i think merge the oiler and farmer whilst still keeping the tech option as an individual strat. i like the techer on its own as it works well keeping out of a nation or in a nation with 0 to little tax as it doesnt need any help from the nation dev.centre.

i dont think it would hurt the sale of food or oil the way its at, as most people pplaying these strats elect to go stocker the amount they purchase is pretty limited neways.

I set it up this way to include everything. I can also separate techer at any time and make/keep it it's own strat. I just wanted to see if we could make it work this way first.

This is good feedback and thank you for your opinions. Keep em coming.

Also, in regards to "Resourcer" never needing to buy food, oil or tech. Well we can look at Indy never having to purchase any military either. I know what you're saying but look at it this way. We will use our current game stats:

Building Statistics
    Land Built: 99% (503.854/508.599)
    Commercial Zones: 17% (85.191)
    Residential Zones: 27% (136.275)
    Industrial Zones: 31% (157.679)
    Farming Zones: 11% (53.948)
    Science Facilities: 3% (13.112)
    Oil Rigs: 10% (50.841)
    Construction Sites: 1% (6.808)

Right now Farmer, Oiler and Techer make up for 24% of the games land.

11% Farmers would buy oil and science.
    3% of techers would buy food and oil
    10% of oilers would buy food and science.

Casher equals 44% of the land which is 100% consumer.

I don't think this is a huge amount of loss by combining these strats. Perhaps if the majority of the game was to go resource strat then we would be in a pickle. But nobody is going to do that because goods won't sell, so they will change strats.

As we move forward I am beginning to think more and more that Science should remain it's own. I was really hoping this could be the final fix for techer, but maybe we hold off and in the near future we could have another strat to combine with techer. Like universities or something ..

Okay,

So after playing with this for the past few days I have come to the conclusion, that Chaos service should come back. I miss running 10 states...

Anyway,

I actually like this change a lot. I do agree, that tech should still be its separate strat. I would like to see how this plays out when we have all of our members playing rather then 10-15 all running the same strat.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Here are the production comparisons:
    Strategy comparison Max tech, same nation tax.
    Casher 90,80% Bonus 159,19%
    Indy 100%
    Farmer 145%
    Techer 127% Bonus 221%
    if nation: 90% 157%

These numbers are "old" meaning that food production uses max price of 100. But still, we get the picture. Techers production is huge. And it is like that because it is meant to be a strategy you don't play until the end of the set. The significantly bigger production is there because techer must use turns to convert. I believe techer is pretty well balanced, but in order to win with starting as a techer you really need to start without nation taxation. But with our low playercount at the moment I think it seems selfish and players don't use that possibility. Techer now is especially strong because the demand has gone much higher (the upgrading with science update).

On the other hand. The production for food/oil is almost as good as a casher when using the bonus. The biggest problem for oiler/farmer is that the demand for resources is very low at the start of the round. This 3 strat merger would be great to boost the resource guys start of the set. Giving them an actual chance to net for the top spots.

Would we have to change anything in the constants? I don't know, I think we should try it.

Merge all 3 strats, lets see what comes out of it. To sum up:
    1. Merge all 3 strategies.
    2. Although techer could possibly produce 2.2 times more than indy, then it would be a rare case as most techers play in a nation, where their production is 1.5 times higher than indy, which is exactly like casher.
    3. Resource guys could focus on producing science at the start, with a little food/oil also. Later in the set they could fine-tune their productions and move to producing oil/food more dominantly.
    Last edited by blaa; 07-21-2014 at 02:19.