Thread: Can of Worms

Default Can of Worms

ok, if you've made it this far you know what I'm about to open up. To those of you who were sold on the party last election are you still sold on the same party? Don't care which party just same party? Just wondering if six years of life may have changed your mind.

Let's not make this an argument about the parties nor their reasons for even existing. Those of you who have me on Facebook know I get a little snippy at times so I am trying to behave...

Disclaimer***Old guy stirring the pot...

I've definitely changed in six years. If I were to follow a party now, it would be the one that's ready to shut it all down. Since that won't happen, I just hide in a city and vote in local elections. I don't live in Ohio so it's not like my national vote matters anyway.

I don't vote based on my party...I vote based on who will get the job done and do what is best suited for me

I personally voted for Mitt Romney btw

I think the entire government issue is because everyone is so one sided. Democrats are against everything republican. And republicans are against everything democratic.

Let's start a new party...the republicratic... Or demoblicans
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

This party you speak of already exists. It's the L P.... ==>http://www.lp.org/<==

Well I don't vote for any certain party for the sake of the party however over the last SEVERAL years the left has moved so far away from what I see is "The American Way" I find it hard to believe in much of what they do. It just seems to me that all they are worried about is the power over the people and ensuring they rig it for the next election cycle. Don't get me wrong, politicians on the right aren't saints either but a lot of what they say I can relate to...

some one explained it to me as "politicians job is to get elected" - which is kinda shit, however it is a rather accurate reflection of reality...

I'm actually surprised once elected they simply don't change the rules to keep themselves in for even longer, maybe if they had a guaranteed 20yrs they could sort out a plan that is beneficial to them in 20yrs and as a by product for the people. 4yr plans are pretty easy to set themselves up and screw over everyone else, 20yr plan might prompt them to think a bit harder, if they are there for 20yrs well, might want to do things that keep them off the "to be assassinated" list

this goes for USA and Australia (where I live)