Quote Originally Posted by Visconte View Post
Before any suggestions, we should probably know what is the direction game developers want to go? Just minor tweaks to favor individual play or completely turn the game around and favor teamplay? The problem with completely changing the game is that old players probably wont come back in that case and without advertisements its pretty impossible to get new ones. Also is there somekinda active licence or whatever that forbids making major tweaks under this game engine without consulting the creator svenneman?

Kinda hard to make suggestions when we have no idea what is the goal.

Dunno if we really need somekinda special commitee, just post the best ideas in one thread and make a poll like you did with 4 man cap, in my opinion. Probably gonna take few rounds of testing anyway before we find something that works. Thus i think somekinda 5 day round gameserver(something like anarchy.nation-wars.com already was) with new ideas and settings would be really helpful for testing and fun for some time.

I want this game successful. If that means we have to change the whole game then that is what we will have to do. We will not be able to do it overnight though. I think the base part of this game is solid. I just think we need to change how the other parts interact with it. The game is mine. There is no contract or permission needed from Svenne so we can do whatever we want.

I think advertising would be good for the game but I have been hesitant because I would rather spend the money on advertising when the game issues are taken care of and people won't leave after they join.

The first step is to really address the issues with the game and why people leave. Then we prioritize what needs to be done and get it completed and in the game. I can make a duplicate game of what we have and make all the changes on that server for us to test. I doubt the old players would come back no matter what we do. We need to focus on getting new players to the game.

As for a quick round game, I pull out the Capture the Flag codes and put them on the server. Just running through it quickly to bring some of it up to speed but I already planned on opening that very soon. The round lasts 14 days and it's pure bloodshed. No netting, just warring. I'll explain in another post.