Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SiM vs EST and KGK

Quote Originally Posted by Visconte View Post
    Been suggesting ideas to Mr P for 6 months now, nothing except the member cap has changed......
    I think this is the real problem, as unfortunately Mike can not offer this game much time due to his work commitments, and this game requires full time work to change it around and to include numerous suggestions from forums. Easy suggestions like 4 member cap can be implemented in few mins...but others require rewriting codes and etc.

you are also correct in ur statement, if its not EST then it will be dominated by others...you say SiM will dominate, maybe so...but if we do it be done in proper manner without feeding, so other states will have a chance, and winners will be decided by skill. The example you gave of vin selling cheap army...well its simple...its all the tricks we learned from Eleet and EST, and i actually never asked for units to be cheap..Vin decided on the price himself, I just wanted PM units and not BM.

Feeding been a part of the game for long, and always went on...on a bigger level bigger nations were warred coz of it in the past...now there is not enough members, and it leave us with ether accepting it...or warring and as it was pointed out, we been warring for over a year now coz of it, and everyone is tired.
    When you start killing states, so you feeding goes unchallenged, thats when it becomes a piss take, as no one else would ever have a chance to do anything, and by ur style of play you are basically asking the rest of players, to play only to feed you guys even more, and if anyone is too good u kill him. Would you play the game if you played solo and NiP was doing what EST doing?

Its been spoke about the rest of players having no real encouragement to continue the set after first week...and suggestion been made how to solve it. (addition of new medal)
    Nation jumping also needs to stop, suggestion been made: Give nation identity...give nation history...stats, power for alliences and etc...coz atm nation is justa mean for a individual gain of a state...is this state wars or nation wars, is it war or is it netgaining? it seems majority of players enjoy netgaining more...and with limited times in our lifes we can not dedicate full weeks of our time for wars. this questions needs to be answered first and then restructuring can begin.

I agree with pasha...we need to come together and figure out a way that everybody can come to a settled happiness since everything we want will not be possible...the feeding isn't a problem when theres more members that's how nations/players like Bang/Tnova did so good but there were also thousands of players back then

I completely support your way of playing and dedication and tactics on how you guys play but it just needs to be toned down when theres only 20 people playing with 10 of them of you guys -_-

The hardest part of the game is asking people to make suggestions and then them not seeing their suggestions implemented in the game. Some suggestions are a quick no brainer and easy to implement while other suggestions have good parts and need to be thought out more. In the past we have implemented changes based on suggestions with little input from others. That was a HUGE mistake, as we see now, many members have left us due to those changes. When we think about changing something we can't look at the short term fix, we MUST think it all the way through. In order to do that we need more than one or two members making comments about the change. Sadly, we don't have this. Someone makes a suggestion and then one or two others reply and then it dies.

I understand there are a few things that need to be changed and little by little I'm putting it all together. I would love to have the free time I had even just a few years ago but it seems to get harder and harder. But most of all, big changes require a lot of time for building it and testing it.

What would be awesome is if a small group of members, (2-5) went through the suggestions and took out the top 5 suggestions they would like to see in the game. Then get the conversation started again and seek other members input on how to make it work. Once the majority agrees to it then I can begin working on getting it built and implemented. Right now it's hard to pull out suggestions and then try to get the concept, build it, test it and implement it all on my own. I would much rather spend the limited free time building it

Let me know the most popular game changing requests that will HELP this game and I will figure out a way to get it done.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

I think once a discussion has been under way and we can narrow some of the details out for those suggestions, it should be brought to a poll in game for everybody to vote on since they have to use turns and not everybody comes on the forums

I think we should take 2 new members (soldier and one other), 2 Esto reps (blaa and visconte), and 2 others outside these groups to make a joint committee on this to get the best of all worlds...get the new guy perspective, esto friendly perspective, and than everybody else best way I see coming up with an agreement

I will create a new thread, for people to put in old suggestions which they want in.
    That thread should stay open for few weeks.
    After that all suggestion in that thread will put down to a vote for all members to vote on (like we did with 4man cap)

I also would like to have a committee, so we can discuss game play and get it in right direction.
    Committee should be used for discussion on gameplay and changes....then when a committee agrees, a poll should be made for all members to vote...
    That way this save Mike some time, and gives him with end result of what needs to be done.

It also shows members that their suggestions are being listen to and acted on.

I am happy to set up a structure to this, and schedule monthly conference calls as well as creating agenda for those calls.
    Though I am only prepared to offer my time if others are on board, and will take this seriously and feel passionate about helping this game to rise up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Superpasha69 View Post
    I will create a new thread, for people to put in old suggestions which they want in.
    That thread should stay open for few weeks.
    After that all suggestion in that thread will put down to a vote for all members to vote on (like we did with 4man cap)

I also would like to have a committee, so we can discuss game play and get it in right direction.
    Committee should be used for discussion on gameplay and changes....then when a committee agrees, a poll should be made for all members to vote...
    That way this save Mike some time, and gives him with end result of what needs to be done.

It also shows members that their suggestions are being listen to and acted on.

I am happy to set up a structure to this, and schedule monthly conference calls as well as creating agenda for those calls.
    Though I am only prepared to offer my time if others are on board, and will take this seriously and feel passionate about helping this game to rise up again.

Thank you!

This seems like a nice plan and a good place to start. Let's try this for a month or two and see how it works out. Everyone who is on the committee needs to be and stay committed to making this work. Conference calls may be difficult for those out of our time zone/county but I'm we can make something work.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Well first step, is who wants to be on the committee?

Missionary Guest

I'd be up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Missionary View Post
    I'd be up for it.
    awesome thats 2 of us so far

Before any suggestions, we should probably know what is the direction game developers want to go? Just minor tweaks to favor individual play or completely turn the game around and favor teamplay? The problem with completely changing the game is that old players probably wont come back in that case and without advertisements its pretty impossible to get new ones. Also is there somekinda active licence or whatever that forbids making major tweaks under this game engine without consulting the creator svenneman?

Kinda hard to make suggestions when we have no idea what is the goal.

Dunno if we really need somekinda special commitee, just post the best ideas in one thread and make a poll like you did with 4 man cap, in my opinion. Probably gonna take few rounds of testing anyway before we find something that works. Thus i think somekinda 5 day round gameserver(something like anarchy.nation-wars.com already was) with new ideas and settings would be really helpful for testing and fun for some time.
    Margus:
    Just saw Antons ripped body and now i see that Visconte is a beautiful man aswell.#nohomo.