Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SiM vs EST and KGK

Quote Originally Posted by Visconte View Post
    Before any suggestions, we should probably know what is the direction game developers want to go? Just minor tweaks to favor individual play or completely turn the game around and favor teamplay? The problem with completely changing the game is that old players probably wont come back in that case and without advertisements its pretty impossible to get new ones. Also is there somekinda active licence or whatever that forbids making major tweaks under this game engine without consulting the creator svenneman?

Kinda hard to make suggestions when we have no idea what is the goal.

Dunno if we really need somekinda special commitee, just post the best ideas in one thread and make a poll like you did with 4 man cap, in my opinion. Probably gonna take few rounds of testing anyway before we find something that works. Thus i think somekinda 5 day round gameserver(something like anarchy.nation-wars.com already was) with new ideas and settings would be really helpful for testing and fun for some time.

I want this game successful. If that means we have to change the whole game then that is what we will have to do. We will not be able to do it overnight though. I think the base part of this game is solid. I just think we need to change how the other parts interact with it. The game is mine. There is no contract or permission needed from Svenne so we can do whatever we want.

I think advertising would be good for the game but I have been hesitant because I would rather spend the money on advertising when the game issues are taken care of and people won't leave after they join.

The first step is to really address the issues with the game and why people leave. Then we prioritize what needs to be done and get it completed and in the game. I can make a duplicate game of what we have and make all the changes on that server for us to test. I doubt the old players would come back no matter what we do. We need to focus on getting new players to the game.

As for a quick round game, I pull out the Capture the Flag codes and put them on the server. Just running through it quickly to bring some of it up to speed but I already planned on opening that very soon. The round lasts 14 days and it's pure bloodshed. No netting, just warring. I'll explain in another post.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Visconte View Post
    Before any suggestions, we should probably know what is the direction game developers want to go? Just minor tweaks to favor individual play or completely turn the game around and favor teamplay? The problem with completely changing the game is that old players probably wont come back in that case and without advertisements its pretty impossible to get new ones. Also is there somekinda active licence or whatever that forbids making major tweaks under this game engine without consulting the creator svenneman?

Kinda hard to make suggestions when we have no idea what is the goal.

Dunno if we really need somekinda special commitee, just post the best ideas in one thread and make a poll like you did with 4 man cap, in my opinion. Probably gonna take few rounds of testing anyway before we find something that works. Thus i think somekinda 5 day round gameserver(something like anarchy.nation-wars.com already was) with new ideas and settings would be really helpful for testing and fun for some time.
    The decision of game direction is to be made by the committee.
    So first step would be to fish out good ideas from the past suggestions, post them in thread i created.
    Then we can all have a look at those suggestions and discuss what could work and what direction it would take the game in to.

We already stated that we can make funds available for advertising, but we need to have a polished product to advertise.

One thing we seriously need is a graphics person. Does anyone know anyone who does graphics who might be willing to help us out?

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

ill help out with whatever needs to be done Pasha...let me know

@MrP We can get some freelancer guy easily, lets not allow a lack of graphics guy worry us atm.

@Marine, great start already in other thread, hopefully we will get few more poeple joining and posting their suggestions

I'm really amazed that this is allowed! Being allies and all is one thing, but that takes the cake. And I can see wanting to keep players', but that's bending the rules a little too much!

SA Padoflas(#120)
    [EST] bomber(#31)
    [KGK] 2.572 Land / 2.565 Buildings, 3.618 Science, $11.605.822, 66.534 Food, 103.470 Oil 19:24:28-02/25
    SA Padoflas(#120)
    [EST] 420007(#39)
    [KGK] 2.689 Land / 2.688 Buildings, $666.982.785, 232.118 Food, 159.630 Oil 19:23:31-02/25
    SA Padoflas(#120)
    [EST] 420007(#39)
    [KGK] 4.702 Land / 4.700 Buildings, $687.611.118, 234.463 Food, 159.630 Oil 19:22:15-02/25
    SA Padoflas(#120)
    [EST] bomber(#31)
    [KGK] 4.675 Land / 4.663 Buildings, 3.655 Science, $11.964.765, 67.206 Food, 103.470 Oil 19:19:10-02/25
    http://forums.nation-wars.com/signaturepics/sigpic57223_2.gif

its alright soldier...just look at his records as b.s like I will do, since the real players of this game actually had to fight the fight to earn their records

Name a record in top 10 that was done with 20 semi-active players and no feeding.
    Margus:
    Just saw Antons ripped body and now i see that Visconte is a beautiful man aswell.#nohomo.

this game play lately is almost as bad as Whilston killing b.s states to get a medal/record lmao

keep up the good work Estos you look fantastic getting handed records when nobody else cares enough to do anything about it

Well Im new and didn't want too ruffle any feathers, but was double tapped by one of them today and thought dam!.... some greedy mofos ! If this was Conquest and anyone admitted to doing that for a record or not, they would have been banned after their countries were pillaged and turned into parking lots!!
    http://forums.nation-wars.com/signaturepics/sigpic57223_2.gif