Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retirement

Default Retirement

This has been in the back of my head for the last week or so when Pres told me to think about it instead of ending it sooner. Anyway thank you all for the time I have had with the game but its time to call it quits and retire. 13 years needs to come to an end. The way this round has played out, it was never about winning, I could care less about winning but the fact that so many players are using glitches in the game to ruin other peoples games all around not just against me and who I played with but everybody else and it is getting to be ridiculous and uncalled for after this many years. I will not play a game that is treated with such disrespect after all it has been through and I will not waste my time playing something people are abusing with such enjoyment. I may pop in here and there but I rather spend my time with my schooling than this nonsense. Pres you can remove me from the Moderator position but thank you for the opportunity to try and help the game in another way, thank Dogma as well for recommending me for it. Also thank you Svenne for creating such a wonderful game and thank you Pres for trying to keep it around but with the way people are treating this game it is eventually going to be run into the ground by them. Enjoy and fight the good fight!!!
    Last edited by MarineRecon; 03-24-2015 at 19:23.

He makes a point. What is it with all of the bug abuse this set? How is this making the game better? We all knew there was a recruiting bug, it's been there for a couple of sets and now all of a sudden people start using it? This round was ruined and not fun for any of us. I was working on a fix for the recruiting bug but didn't have a huge amount of time to complete it, so today i was forced to blow off meetings so I could get it fixed in a hurry. For what? So some of you could stop doing what you know you shouldn't be doing? Do you all want the game to go away or something? If you don't like the game then stop playing. If you're not going to help the game survive then stop playing. I would rather play with 5 people with morals then those who have none.

Seriously, I like the game. I like trying to make the game better and I have all the intention to keep the game going, however I could easily find something else to do with my time.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

I dont get it. This is the first round these bugs have been revealed and starting from next round we will probably have the first clean round since the implemention of 30 turn bonuses. Up until now these bugs were probably used several times and all seemed fine to most people, now when they are removed people leave? Hum....

Also about your game specifically Marine since you seem to be referring to us as the guys who used bugs to kill you. We did not. I asked you yesterday if you were attacked by spies and you were. I dont know how Pasha got to attack you with spies, but it seemed like a bug indeed and T did not work(more than 100% lesser networth and still managed to attack). Or maybe its 100 times smaller, which in case was not a bug at all. Were we or Pasha abusing it? No. We did not know what the hell is going on either. I dont know how many of these spy ops you got but that definately didnt play any part in taking you down. Same goes for #167s killing and the recruiting bug.

I offered round win to Mr P, as it seems the most appropriate for this round so that actual players wont gain medals or round win, but he did not want it. I guess he will still win, but we will see. Gonna be close 3 days i guess.
    Margus:
    Just saw Antons ripped body and now i see that Visconte is a beautiful man aswell.#nohomo.

If there was anyone gaining from these bugs, it was Lem, when the guy played 12k turns on EST and then started attacking his own guys...to make it seem random...

TDN thing, well frankly i didn't even know it was a bug, coz i am at war with all u guys, and it made no sense to limit war/spy attacks while you are at war...and even so, i did like 70 attacks on marine on Friday and 1 successful attack yesterday...yes 1 (one)

Marine, you caused this messy set, and now you are first to quit...

This is the first round they were revealed but like you said how many people abused them knowingly because nobody important knew? This game has been tainted and all these records/medals are unknown now because of who has been using the bugs. Its not about finding a bug, its about finding the bugs and continuing to use them to better yourself instead of reporting it so the game can get better. I again didn't care if I won or not, Pres even offered me the win but that's not what I cared about. My interest is in the game not some stupid records.

#167 deserved to die for dropping his units like that but abusing the glitch to do it after you have known about it, posted about it, and Pres said he will deal with it eventually is what pisses me off and makes me lose interest in the game.

Yes, that lem guy Thomas did cheat the game and he was dealt with but lem didn't even get an advantage from that because when the states rolled back, #167 was only rolled back to after eleet did their attacks and he lost his entire bank so you all had your opportunity to continue doing what you were. You just all chose to not roll your states back and allowed him to get back into playing.

The TDN bug was not set up the way its description in game was which was it was broken when a war declaration is made. The description reads differently which is essentially Pres's fault but also what caused my collapse to begin with. Once I saw that spy op succeed I had to buy spies to prevent it further while it was reviewed and handled with, shame on me for not using any more turns or bank money to buy the rest of the units I planned on buying because it seemed like a waste while Pres was trying to fix the problems and risked rolling it back to that point or not being able to figure out the problem with statistics changing. That whole setup is what allowed you to even break my ships as I had a full bank ready to buy ships with.

I don't mind a messy set and dieing from revenge but when people abuse glitches knowingly instead of trying to make the game better, than it becomes a useless time consumer when I have more important things to handle in life. If Pres can some how fix all the stupid nonsense that is going on, then he can message me and maybe ill pop in down the road but till then ill pass on the bullshit.

Why the drama, ch1ll and go kill visconte in CTF.

What glitch are you referring to that we abused during your takedown or #167 killing? I just dont understand what glitch did we use that made us get through you or kill him? You and Lem did 1 thing wrong in this set tactically that led us to get through you and that was playing with 0% tax which meant no national army support. It worked in the beginning when you were the ones hunting and noone attacked back, but not when you were the ones being hunted. #206 had enough ships to break you with 200 turns still in hand, could have made it with or without these spy ops. Simple as that.

My interest is in the game not some stupid records.
    Yet you quit when you finally get the chance to play on totally equal grounds with everybody? My view would be something like "yay, now we can play", not "boo all my rounds have been for nothing". But i guess im just more optimistic about this game since i havent played for as long.
    Last edited by Visconte; 03-25-2015 at 11:50.
    Margus:
    Just saw Antons ripped body and now i see that Visconte is a beautiful man aswell.#nohomo.

Quote Originally Posted by blaa View Post
    Why the drama, ch1ll and go kill visconte in CTF.
    I am just a deliveryboy for Worm there, so no need to kill me.
    Margus:

using the application glitch to get 209 into EST and than back into FAR...theres no way other than applying to be able to get back into FAR as it would have been deleted if he left like a normal player...you knew about that glitch for a long time prior

the way you talked about the turn glitch this round would make the slowest of people assume you guys already knew about the glitch prior whether you used it or not but just failed to tell anybody about it to

anyway that seems nearly impossible for him to have had enough ships to break me if I used my money and turns like I planned to beef them up...and without beefing them up do to the b.s with TDN, your telling me he used 100 turns as an indy to produce at a maximum 23k land a minimum of 20M ships and upgrade to level 8...that's a little far fetched, I can see if he used 200+ turns to get that many but not only 100 when 35 of them go towards upgrades

To me it just seems like you cant handle the backlash for your actions, bugs or no bugs, fact is that if there was no bugs then you would be long dead, all states took losses not just you...all the bullshit you are quitting to avoid came from your action, u had ur 1 even set...no super nations played...could of been fun netting for all...but u had ur other ideas.

You blaming EST for exloting bugs, did they or not, i have no idea, but no one has any idea if you were aware of what LEM guy was doing, its all good saying u were not, but its just ur word, which after this set hasnt even got much weight to it.

For your comment regarding messaging you when all is sorted and "maybe" you will pop back...I think u place too much value on to ur self.
    We agreed to work on the game, and it is a slow process but it has started, u were going to be a big part of that. Though if you abandoning a sinking ship now, then I personally wouldn't take any effort to invite you back...