Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by MarineRecon View Post
    This is the first round they were revealed but like you said how many people abused them knowingly because nobody important knew? This game has been tainted and all these records/medals are unknown now because of who has been using the bugs. Its not about finding a bug, its about finding the bugs and continuing to use them to better yourself instead of reporting it so the game can get better. I again didn't care if I won or not, Pres even offered me the win but that's not what I cared about. My interest is in the game not some stupid records.

#167 deserved to die for dropping his units like that but abusing the glitch to do it after you have known about it, posted about it, and Pres said he will deal with it eventually is what pisses me off and makes me lose interest in the game.

Yes, that lem guy Thomas did cheat the game and he was dealt with but lem didn't even get an advantage from that because when the states rolled back, #167 was only rolled back to after eleet did their attacks and he lost his entire bank so you all had your opportunity to continue doing what you were. You just all chose to not roll your states back and allowed him to get back into playing.

The TDN bug was not set up the way its description in game was which was it was broken when a war declaration is made. The description reads differently which is essentially Pres's fault but also what caused my collapse to begin with. Once I saw that spy op succeed I had to buy spies to prevent it further while it was reviewed and handled with, shame on me for not using any more turns or bank money to buy the rest of the units I planned on buying because it seemed like a waste while Pres was trying to fix the problems and risked rolling it back to that point or not being able to figure out the problem with statistics changing. That whole setup is what allowed you to even break my ships as I had a full bank ready to buy ships with.

I don't mind a messy set and dieing from revenge but when people abuse glitches knowingly instead of trying to make the game better, than it becomes a useless time consumer when I have more important things to handle in life. If Pres can some how fix all the stupid nonsense that is going on, then he can message me and maybe ill pop in down the road but till then ill pass on the bullshit.
    #209 left his nation legally, joined the other nation legally. The only thing he did illegally was use the invite bug to get back into his own nation. The nation wasn't destroyed when he left because another member was left the leader. TDN was eliminated from the game years ago but brought back the set before last. TDN was originally set up to not be affected by war declarations, however apparently Svenne changed that back when it was WoW and nobody caught it until now, which makes sense seeing it wasn't part of the game for for 6 years. The Invite bug and the TDN issue were both taken care of within hours.

Thomas messed the whole set up for everyone. We haven't had an issue like this since the first year of the game opening. I think that is pretty good. It's a chance we take when we introduce new things to the game. We test everything we can and if something get missed we rely on the honesty of the members to inform us of it so I can fix it or remove if needed.

And when did I ever say I will "deal with it eventually"? Once you brought the issue to me I said I will look right into it and figure out what happened. I did exactly as I said I would. You just didn't like the answer. I can't prove who knew what and when. We keep a lot of information on each state and what they do but I do not have a truth telling program for people. The invite issue had no bearing on the death of 167. As stated, it was used to get back into his nation instantly instead of having to wait the normal 24hrs after your last attack. Yes, the loophole was abused. No I can't prove he knew about it. Yes his friends knew about it. I spent more time trying to figure all that out then I did just fixing the loophole .

I understand your frustrations with this set. I have them as well but all of the events after Thomas are small compared to what he did. Everyone's anger should be pointed at him. We all suffered from his cheating. Basically what is happening now is a free for all. I can understand why. The whole set was ruined so why not just spend the rest of it as a free for all and have the most fun we can have.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Marine Recon banned and gone? Its worse than I thought...
    And Shepards We Shall Be
    For Thee My Lord For Thee
    Power Hath Descended From Thy Hand
    Our Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Commands
    And We Shall Flow A River Forth To Thee
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
    In Nomeni Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Scanti