Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Helsinki Accord

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Helsinki Accord

We should agree Upon a fair and Equal SA Policy for all nations.

All nation leaders who wish to take part in the agreement please make a post here stating your agreement. This shall be known as the Helsinki Accord.

We should agree on a policy beginning in 2016, taking in to account that our states have grown fewer than in previous years.

Let us discuss.

1,2,3 X max SA in 36 hours within top 10,

1,2,3,4 X outside top ten?

Z
    Last edited by -Z-; 01-06-2016 at 23:27.

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

and if a nation wishes to enforce this they should first make sure they are following their own rules

We need to agree on a standard for all nations. 1,2,3?

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

I propose (not as a leader of any nation, just a long time enthusiast) the following:

TOP 5 (reasonable, as TOP10 is insignificant with such low player numbers): max 2 SA / 36h
    Outside: Free for all

All say: YES

Quote Originally Posted by blaa View Post
    I propose (not as a leader of any nation, just a long time enthusiast) the following:

TOP 5 (reasonable, as TOP10 is insignificant with such low player numbers): max 2 SA / 36h
    Outside: Free for all

All say: YES
    Outside: 4 SA / 36 hrs

No reason why you would SA someone more than 3 times in a 36 hour period.

No reason why it should bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by blaa View Post
    No reason why it should bother you.
    You guys like saying this don't you? Let me put it this way. If you triple me, I will kill you. Treaty or not.

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    You guys like saying this don't you? Let me put it this way. If you triple me, I will kill you. Treaty or not.
    Who are the "you guys"? Not all estonians are the same group.
    That said, lets continue with the discussion (this is a discussion thread after all) more politely, shall we.

I have some thoughts about the matter why being grabbed x amount of times should not bother you, please review and correct me if you see things differently.

Argument 1 - If I grab you 4 times in a row, then I will grab you again in 36h and take a huge piece of land.
    Why I don't agree with this - this hardly ever happens. Yes, it will happen, but like maximum couple of times per set per state. This will not affect the end results by a significant factor. After all, who are the people who grab multiple times in a row? And anyway, even if you are waiting for those grabs to time out, then 1 hour before the grabs would time out, dogma or mrp will grab them anyway and ruin the grab. Them old people, eh?

Argument 2 - Noobs attack multiple times in a row. They don't know why, they just see a victorious sign and they like it. And they continue.
    Why I agree with this - experienced players don't attack (usually) more than 2 times anyway. The land you receive gets significantly less anyway. Sure, there have been times (several per set) where adding a 3rd attack still gets you reasonable amount of land.

So what I am trying to say - yes, these two bad things might happen, but outside of top5 they are not a significant factor for the end result of the game.

Inside of top5 they are a problem indeed and they have an effect on the end result of the set.

inside top10 2 in 36hr, outside top10 3 in 36hr.

Missionary Guest

Because if all 3 have been done at the same time it's likely that no1 will grab you untill they all drop off at once. Leaving you with 0gb and ready to get screwed.