Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changes - February Round

I think we should be focusing on making the game appealing after day 10 to most states, not figuring out how to prevent suiciding. I mean yeah top states need more protection, but its not gonna bring more players into this game. Just some tweaks here and there, make the attacking harder and there you go. But how to make states stay active for 27 days? Thats whats really gonna make the difference. Currently all you can do if you cant catch someone at front is to bring him down by hostile attacks, there is no alternative reason to play. I dont think that is very sustainable way of keeping people in the game. Currently we start with approximately 30-40 states, after two weeks in set maybe 10-12 are still active who grab and follow the events. Maybe we do need something other to do ingame than just the one top spot achievement? Rolling statistics, improved medals and rank gaining, daily quests, level achievements to unlock lvl 2-8 forces? Or something.
    Margus:
    Just saw Antons ripped body and now i see that Visconte is a beautiful man aswell.#nohomo.

Quote Originally Posted by Visconte View Post
    I think we should be focusing on making the game appealing after day 10 to most states, not figuring out how to prevent suiciding. I mean yeah top states need more protection, but its not gonna bring more players into this game. Just some tweaks here and there, make the attacking harder and there you go. But how to make states stay active for 27 days? Thats whats really gonna make the difference. Currently all you can do if you cant catch someone at front is to bring him down by hostile attacks, there is no alternative reason to play. I dont think that is very sustainable way of keeping people in the game. Currently we start with approximately 30-40 states, after two weeks in set maybe 10-12 are still active who grab and follow the events. Maybe we do need something other to do ingame than just the one top spot achievement? Rolling statistics, improved medals and rank gaining, daily quests, level achievements to unlock lvl 2-8 forces? Or something.
    I agree with everything. Especially with the daily quests and such.
    Only sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Visconte View Post

I like these ideas. Please give me better details for each of them so I can get a better understanding of each one, rolling stats, better medals and rank gaining, daily quests. I only ask this because many times people suggest something and then I do it based on the way I "thought" they would want it done and only find out it's nothing like what they really wanted .. So please be very specific on what you would like to see from each of those listed above. It gives me a starting point

Also, I think we need to weaken the war attacks a little. I think the attacks are set pretty well for when we had several hundred members, but now.... not so much. ALSO, when we had the UN there was a cost to be part of it. It would automatically pull the "tax" from the nations bank account each day. If you didn't have to money to cover the costs then you were automatically removed from the UN. I think we should have a "cost of war". This could be science or money. Maybe we don't hit the nations for this cost, maybe we make the states pay for it each turn? There has to be more skin in the game from the attacking nations/states. Or maybe during war we increase the food/oil usage for the units?

I love the war aspect of this game. I don't want to lose that but at the same time I want to make it a little harder. I want it so a nation can still war if needed but not as easy for them as it is. If it costs more or if your nation is small and you can't afford the war then it makes killing for fun less likely..

And of course, there is still the option that we can implement that will allow nations to select if they are peaceful or war hungry. If they are peaceful then they can't declare or be declared on. I'm 50/50 on that idea. I still believe that "Domination leads to war". If you're in the top seat you shouldn't be able to hide behind a safety net where nobody can get you. I think you should have to work for your own protection. However, I like the idea of being able to simply select if you want to net in peace.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Okay imma throw some ideas out there:

Well for the achievements, maybe like a trophy page for an account? Like the current medals are shown but with alot more stats and shiny objects. Some of the achievements could be like per round, like manage to have 100 mil networth or 50k land, attack 100 times, defend succesfully in the round and you get an achievement. Others could
    be something like gather a total of 1 million land or some other so-called lifetime achievements. Something that makes people play seriously even after they see they aint gonna win the round this time. There could literally be hundreds of achievements in total, the point is that it needs to keep people busy for months and years. Im sure we can come up with at least 100 achievements as a community. Some of them could be achieved in weeks, others take like a year.

There could be account bound rankings that update every round(or every day if possible). For example we get a list of like top 100 states in different categorys. One is a list of lifetime stats for hall of famers, other is like a yearly statistics so that you can get to the list even when you start late. Something similar to ELO-ranking system where you lose/win points based on your final position in a round. And the prizes may be a year of premium account for top 1 at the end of year, 6 months for top 2 and so on and on. Maybe the top-level achievements which should be really hard to achieve or take a long time could give your state a crown of different colors next to your state or nations name or something. Something like 1 billion in networth per round or 200k land. Things that happen maybe once a year or so.
    Could be like total land gathered, total networth gathered and so on and on. Just like it is currently with top states scores, only difference is that these stats take into account your whole gaming history ingame. The progress you have made in 27 days would not just start over every month and you would still have something to gain even after you get killed. I think people would stay longer if they have something to gain, even if its just a crown next to your name or a premium account or a rank points system. Thats the rolling stats part.

Rank gaining, pretty much the same idea. You gain ranks like in real military, for extraordinary achievements in a round or via time you spend here or by winning wars. Could be similar to the system in forum, only that it also shows in your trophy page or something.

Daily quests could be harder to implemend and we pretty much get bonus turns already but maybe get some bonus turns for making a sale in day, for doing a SA or spy op. Or bonus turns for defending an attack. Anything not too hard, but still makes you log in and spend some time here.

Levels: Make the current 2-7 army levels significant, meaning levelling could maybe cost 10 times the amount it currently is and make the level difference in strength something like 3 times it currently is. Because right now it takes maybe 3 days to get any unit to level 8, thus the other levels are irrelevant. Maybe it could be so that it costs so much that most states stick with levels 5-6 and only some get the luxury of lvl 8? Could make the levelling a bit more strategic.

And more and more. Just need to brainstorm this by the community
    Margus:
    Just saw Antons ripped body and now i see that Visconte is a beautiful man aswell.#nohomo.

I've suggested the same before and I agree with visconte entirely. People like stats and shiny awards.

People do like stats and shiny rewards, but I don't think that will draw in more memebers. Now I did notice that new members have "missions" where they can get free food/ oil/ turns/ buildings etc... now that is a great way to attract new members I feel. Maybe do something more with that?
    And Shepards We Shall Be
    For Thee My Lord For Thee
    Power Hath Descended From Thy Hand
    Our Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Commands
    And We Shall Flow A River Forth To Thee
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
    In Nomeni Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Scanti