Thread: AGMs and Bombers

Default AGMs and Bombers

Hello, Mr P:

We decided to try AGMS and bombers this set.

Frankly both unit types simply do not make sense to use.

I suggest the following to make them a reasonable alternative to jets:

Reduce the upkeep of $, OIL and food on both of these by half.

This will at least give people a good reason to maybe use them.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

I remember SAMs used to be almost same food cost as jets, but they have been changed now and you are right for 10k lvl 8 jets 6,8 food/oil consumption VS 10k lvl 8 SAM's 25,5 food/oil is a huge difference. But SAM-s are way more powerful (except they can't attack of course). I havent calculated now, but producing 100% SAMs was the most powerful defense in the game. When you are top1 for example and don't want to get SA-s, producing SAM-s will get you most unit strength against a grab. The opposite is for bombers, producing 100% bombers will give you strongest army (but they don't defend of course).
    I say they are all very interesting units. Bombers are best for single attack, SAM-s are best for turtleing up that defense and jets are the average for both defense and attack.
    Only sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Margus View Post
    I remember SAMs used to be almost same food cost as jets, but they have been changed now and you are right for 10k lvl 8 jets 6,8 food/oil consumption VS 10k lvl 8 SAM's 25,5 food/oil is a huge difference. But SAM-s are way more powerful (except they can't attack of course). I havent calculated now, but producing 100% SAMs was the most powerful defense in the game. When you are top1 for example and don't want to get SA-s, producing SAM-s will get you most unit strength against a grab. The opposite is for bombers, producing 100% bombers will give you strongest army (but they don't defend of course).
    I say they are all very interesting units. Bombers are best for single attack, SAM-s are best for turtleing up that defense and jets are the average for both defense and attack.
    Same are not WAY more powerful for defence, here are the stats per unit:

8 / F-22A Raptor 4.42 (military strength)

8 / Patriot Missiles 5.695

So they are only about 10% more powerful for defence, but loose 100% of heir power on offence!

They should be much less to upkeep.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    Same are not WAY more powerful for defence, here are the stats per unit:

8 / F-22A Raptor 4.42 (military strength)

8 / Patriot Missiles 5.695

So they are only about 10% more powerful for defence, but loose 100% of heir power on offence!

They should be much less to upkeep.

Z

Pardon me they are 28% stronger... my bad.

thanks for correction Margus

Z