Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Independence Server

Mybad. Put the money in the bank yesterday and forgot it there
    Margus:
    Just saw Antons ripped body and now i see that Visconte is a beautiful man aswell.#nohomo.

Quote Originally Posted by Visconte View Post
    I i want to make my first turn and build contruction site or some building i cannot do that because money is 0
    Also you cant expand because you need 50% of land built before.
    Did you put your money in the bank? Not sure why you would start with 0 on hand. I ran several tests and each time It started with the correct amount. I also started building with CS first and all went ok.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

These are simple tweaks:

inconsistency on the left side of the page, you have 2 tabs:

cash
    research turns

Is there a better way to phrase "cash" that would help new players know what it does from just the 1 word? That or maybe just add cash turns. Next is there a better way to say research turns?

the thoughts that keep me up at night

Edit: also the GDN is listed and if u click it the TDN is available in there as well, however it might look better with the tab being GDN/TDN.

Also, having the expand feature under the construction seems to make it difficult to find, and hard to realize that is an option. I just built 100 turns now and it took me awhile to find it, maybe a new guy would find it faster and I'm drawn to look in old places.
    Last edited by BeeNo; 06-10-2016 at 19:41.
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

When buying from market, messages start with this:
    "Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM state_science WHERE stateid = 8next_record called with no query pending.?"
    Cannot claim the first 5 turn bonus, no matter how many times I prove im not a bot.
    If its easier version of the game and no war available, then bombers are probably pointless to have and maybe also jets/sams/tanks
    In global events, you can still choose to see war attacks
    Removing tech is supposed to have only 1.5% fee? its 7.5% in main server. This would make stocking very easy as you can remove all science for only 1.5% and then just sell it later. Also impossible to see what tech other person has, maybe add spy op for it?
    Only sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNo View Post
    These are simple tweaks:

inconsistency on the left side of the page, you have 2 tabs:

cash
    research turns

Is there a better way to phrase "cash" that would help new players know what it does from just the 1 word? That or maybe just add cash turns. Next is there a better way to say research turns?

the thoughts that keep me up at night

Edit: also the GDN is listed and if u click it the TDN is available in there as well, however it might look better with the tab being GDN/TDN.

Also, having the expand feature under the construction seems to make it difficult to find, and hard to realize that is an option. I just built 100 turns now and it took me awhile to find it, maybe a new guy would find it faster and I'm drawn to look in old places.
    We could make it say Cash Turns. The phrase is a global phrase in games like ours so I don't think too many people would be confused. Plus. once you click the tab, it explains what it does on the page.

Agree with the GDN and TDN suggestion.

The expand should remain under the construction tab. It's harder for us as we are used to how it's always been. Easier for a new person tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Margus View Post
    When buying from market, messages start with this:
    "Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM state_science WHERE stateid = 8next_record called with no query pending.?"
    Cannot claim the first 5 turn bonus, no matter how many times I prove im not a bot.
    If its easier version of the game and no war available, then bombers are probably pointless to have and maybe also jets/sams/tanks
    In global events, you can still choose to see war attacks
    Removing tech is supposed to have only 1.5% fee? its 7.5% in main server. This would make stocking very easy as you can remove all science for only 1.5% and then just sell it later. Also impossible to see what tech other person has, maybe add spy op for it?
    -The invalid SQL has been a pain in my *** for awhile now. I can't make it stop due to how the code is written for tech and nations. I did a quick conversion so we are able to use the tech feature. What I really need to do is write a whole new script for state tech and not use any of the nation code. Sadly, I didn't have the time but I do plan on changing it. Please bare with that error a while longer.

- There must be an issue with that bonus site. Please let me know if it continues. Also, let me know how many turns you have missed due to it and I'll manually give them to you.

- I'm going to leave all of the military in for now as there may be a need for them in the near future revisions.

- I'll remove the war attacks out of GE.

- The science should be 7.5% I'll fix that as well.

- Good idea on the spy option to see what tech the enemy has.

Opinions on the new theme and navigation?

It's a pain in the *** to remember the original way and now the new way but I think eventually, the new way will be the only way for all servers.

the new theme is very ugly.
    Use the "new theme" from the original game. That looks very good.

The new theme is kinda ugly indeed, like from the 90s or so, but thats not the biggest problem i guess since it can be tweaked.

What has been annoying is the links that shift, if you click on expand or destroy the links go to the left and the build link goes to the right. I think they should stay at the same place to make it easier to click fast. Also the main menu in the header kinda moves separately if you make turns or attacks. Dunno how to better explain it. If needed i could provide some pictures tomorrow or so.

Also the gameplay needs some adjustment, because currently its so linear. Having just SA-s makes the game kinda boring. Im not saying bring the war attacks, but some other kind of things should be included. Maybe stealing the money or some events that make the game not end in 5 days when one guy has got substantially more land than others and just cruises away. Have to check to not make the server too complex tho, because i think a separate server meant for new players is a great idea. But currently i dont see much that would make me want to stick to the game if i were to check the game out for the first time. The time window for new guys to come to this game is way too small, 3 days to register for full set and then 27 days of waiting. Maybe a longer lasting leaderboard could work? Does not mean set would have to be longer, just some stats.
    Margus:
    Just saw Antons ripped body and now i see that Visconte is a beautiful man aswell.#nohomo.

Ugly??? I put my heart and soul into that theme.. jk. I thought about keeping the same "Army" theme (default) as we have in the main game, but I figured people might get confused and not remember which server they are on. We can make the Army theme default for both servers. No biggie to me.

The link shift is supposed to be that way. Each time you click a link, it should relocate to the left. Most sites that I have been on does it this way and a natural impulse is to go to the first link on the left. We can make them stay in the same spot, but I would like to keep it the way it is for a few sets and then revisit the idea.

This server was designed based off of earlier arguments about wanting a netting server without the fear of getting killed or ruined. I took out the war attacks for just that reason. If you look back at the posts you'll see my concerns about a netting server is, people would be bored. It proves my point that even though getting AR'd or AA'd or even having money stolen, it keeps things a little more interesting. I believe you'll see the new server evolve into a state vs state server where states can declare war on each other and also other types of harmful attacks, such as stealing.

However, I do like the new server for a training server. It's slow, easier and less complicated than the main.