[Today 14:06] Visconte
: And also i blame blaa because i sold all my ships and jets to blaa 5 hours prior to attack. But good timing by AU on that first strike, dno if it was intel or just luck but gotta give credit. [Today 14:04] Visconte
: Until the attacker gets to kill in 5 minutes(if declaration is timed well) and defender has to build 27 days there is not gonna be people staying here for more than a set or two.
[Today 14:01] Visconte
: What i think is not in balance here is that i spent 2 weeks building that army and it took 20 AA-s to kill 75% of it. The war attacks need to be tweaked alot.
[Today 14:00] Visconte
: The thing i meant was that it does not matter if its 2 hours, 4 hours or 8 hours. If its done during sleeping hours its the same effect. So changing the time is not gonna help the defender much, unless yeah its 12 hours which is kinda too much i think.

We made it so war attacks can't happen unless war is declared. You can't spy op (harmful) unless the war dec time has passed. We increased the war dec time so states would have greater notice and time to prepare. I think these changes have a positive impact, but I'm certain more need to be made. I am ok with weakening attacks but it's a fine line. If we keep them like they are then people don't like being killed so quickly but if we weaken them then people complain that it takes too long to kill a state. Now granted, not many wars happen now. Most of the time it's just a net race to the top. Warring provides an alternate route to the top without having to out net someone. I don't want to lose that as I think it's a huge part of the game. So let's talk about making the attacks less harmful. How much? 10%? 20%? 50%? What do you think? I don't think it should take 5000 turns to kill an average state. The wars would last forever and nobody would do them as it would be pointless. AND, let's say we do lesson them, does that fix it? You would still spend 27 days building a state that another state/nation could war and destroy half your state. Granted maybe they didn't kill you but they still ruined your state.

I'm ok with trying to weaken the attacks a little more, but no matter what we do, however many days you work on building your state, it could still be ruined. Unless of course, we remove war and war attacks fully. Which I really don't want to do that.

One more thing... I haven't really seen a war in many sets now. So most of you have netted each of these sets. Now, one set, you have been warred and people are saying we need to make changes. To me, If I died one set out of 6, I would be ok with that .. But I do know you all spend a lot of time building your state, but each time you create a state you're accepting the possibility of being warred. Perhaps the times have changed and I haven't caught up to it yet. But without warring, the game loses a huge part of it's character. But let's hear some ideas