Thread: March 2018 Updates

Default March 2018 Updates

Just one update for this round:

Science will now be drafted into the national science bank just as military and money is. It is currently linked to the tax/draft setting. Science has escaped the national taxing long enough. With the new Resource Strat, it only makes sense that Nations can tax their states that produce science.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Also, starting next set, if your email is invalid and returned to our server, you will be required to create a new state each set. It will not auto create for you. I am getting a ton of invalid emails at the end of each round. We do not send spam or unnecessary emails so there is no reason you can't provide a valid email address. Please go to http://forums.nation-wars.com/profil...o=editpassword and update your email address go a valid one.

Thank you,

I am maybe a bit late with this but science is gonna be a deficit if it only gets taxed and nothing else is changed. It did bring a bit more money in terms of per turn profit, but at the same time nowhere near as much as casher and you are not able to increase your land. So it makes sense for farmer to only produce oil/food now which you can produce during expanding and increase the production slowly, while science gives you a quite substantial loss in 200-300 turn perspective.
    Margus:
    Just saw Antons ripped body and now i see that Visconte is a beautiful man aswell.#nohomo.

.. This sat in the suggestions area waiting for negative feedback for a month... I don't think the deficit will be huge. It will hurt a little for those who run resource as they don't have to buy the science now. But our nation sizes are not that large so I believe they will still have to buy some. I am going to run the strat this set and see what impact there is. I would like to run it for a set or two and see how it goes.

What I am seeing so far is, for a single person nation, you can produce enough science for your nation without having to purchase science from the markets. I don't know how it is for a larger nation. Can anyone offer feedback? I think the concept of taxing science is fair however, I do believe it needs to be separated from the National draft rate and set so you can't tax as much. We should find the spot where it "help" in a smaller way but to the point where you don't have to purchase science from the markets. Perhaps a 5-8% max tax setting for science? We should toy with it a little more to see where the best spot is.