Thread: App Theme

Default App Theme

I have been working on an app version of the game for some time. With our style of game it is extremely difficult to create. About 1.5 yrs ago I set up a mobile version of the game but never fully released it. A few players have been using it and said they really like it. It took them a little while to get used to it but once they did, it is their favorite way to play. It's funny how each of them said the same thing about it.

The app version is set up using another set of files but the same DB. Problem with this setup it, changes to the main game files don't always happen on the app files (due to me forgetting) so I went ahead and made a theme call "App Theme". This uses the same files and allows users to change their theme and use it on their tablets, phones or even PC if you like really big font. On the actual app version, I removed all of the pics of buildings and military but you will still see them when you just use the theme (for now). I will be working on an automatic change so if you log in using a mobile device, it will automatically use the app theme and remove pictures. I thought it would be simple but it's proving to be a little difficult so I will keep working on it. Please check it out and use it some. Please go to http://game.nation-wars.com/account....on=changestyle and select "App Theme". Also, if using a mobile device, you can save Nation-Wars to your main screen and it will open like a app.

Please check it out and don't trash it at first. Try using it and getting used to it then give an honest opinion. We may need to add some things to it (banner or something) but this is just a start. We can build from it if needed.

Enjoy!

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

The game will now automatically tell if you are using a cell, tablet or PC. If you are using mobile or tablet, it will automatically assign you the mobile app theme. If you using a PC, it will use your normal theme. I have been working on some of the pages within the game to adjust correctly for mobile. It will remove the pictures and be a basic screen so you are able to see it clearer. I am still working on some of the pages but the main one such as build, home page have been completed.

Also, you will notice some other changes within the game if you are using the default or mobile theme. The overview page is "softer" looking and I have added some color to the "reports" after turns have been used. I'm not spending a lot of time with the other themes as they will be retired in the near future. They were mainly used when someone was using a cell or tablet as they were easier to use but with the new mobile theme, they can be retired. I would like to narrow down how many themes we have to just two, the default and mobile.

Let me know of any issues. I will keep working on some of the other files for the mobile theme to get them adjusting properly to the screen.

pcgluva Guest

woot woot !

Thoughts on the App?

I am sorry if i seem a bit rude but the app theme is pretty much useless at the current state it is. The dropdown menu has no logical placement, Black market is nowhere near Public market for example. The list is scrambled. It takes ages to navigate between pages and its impossible to war like this. I understand its simple and fast, but smartphones can handle alot more nowadays than they used to. I think its a decent start but needs alot of work to be useful.
    Margus:
    Just saw Antons ripped body and now i see that Visconte is a beautiful man aswell.#nohomo.

That's not rude. It's useful info. The menu was set up alphabetical, which is why the markets are not near each other. We can make it so they are grouped together, same as the other themes. What do you mean by smart phones can handle a lot nowadays? Are you suggesting graphics?

I think if the dropdown had things broken down.
    IE
    GENGERAL
    Support
    Bonus
    Game Info
    REcruitment
    ETC

OVERVIEW
    Your Overview
    All State scores
    Global Overview

Then go down the line. Just seperate it with a space and a bold section for the list. Then maybe make an option for 'favorites' in the settings tab. So your 'favorites' will be towards the top.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1