Thread: Member Cap

Default Member Cap

An issue with the member cap function was discovered during the current war. Sadly, I do not have a free minute to fix the issues at this time so the only thing I could go was raise the member cap amount, which I planned to do next set anyway. So now, there are no caps on Nation members.

Typically don't like making changes like this during the game play but there was no alternative at this time.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Is the plan for next set a certain # member cap, or unlimited?

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

unlimited

what about having cap for farmers-indys-bankers instead? so that game would be nicely balanced. For example if Indy exceeds 45% noone would be able to start building industrial buildings anymore. 30% for farmers and bankers. or something similar.

kinda difficult to implemend technically i guess tho.
    Margus:
    Just saw Antons ripped body and now i see that Visconte is a beautiful man aswell.#nohomo.

I really don't like that the cap was removed mid set, after getting FS'd when I had people who could not be in my nation because of the cap from the beginning. I'm not saying it would have changed the outcome of the attack. It's just ridiculous to change it in the middle of a set. pcgluva and I were the ones who found the issue, and it really wasn't that big of a deal. I don't think uncapping the limit was the solution, especially since it was only affecting Umbar since we had all the dead states. Essentially we could not accept applications because it was counting dead states in our member #'s.
    [BLF],[1222],[KoR],[UB],[FED],[E],[Bang],[DaK],[DAB],[xPJx],[USA],[YP]

Quote Originally Posted by Gildor View Post
    I really don't like that the cap was removed mid set, after getting FS'd when I had people who could not be in my nation because of the cap from the beginning. I'm not saying it would have changed the outcome of the attack. It's just ridiculous to change it in the middle of a set. pcgluva and I were the ones who found the issue, and it really wasn't that big of a deal. I don't think uncapping the limit was the solution, especially since it was only affecting Umbar since we had all the dead states. Essentially we could not accept applications because it was counting dead states in our member #'s.
    surely the solution would have been for the dead states to leave the tag? that always used to be the case from what i rmb. cant kick dead but they have to leave themselves. or make change so u can kick dead during war.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    surely the solution would have been for the dead states to leave the tag? that always used to be the case from what i rmb. cant kick dead but they have to leave themselves. or make change so u can kick dead during war.
    Yes, DI. But we could kick them too, which is what I ended up doing to let states join again.
    [BLF],[1222],[KoR],[UB],[FED],[E],[Bang],[DaK],[DAB],[xPJx],[USA],[YP]

Quote Originally Posted by Gildor View Post
    I agree with you. I didn't want to do it mid set but there was no way I could fix the issue as I was traveling. It was a flaw in the script that was causing issue during a war. Yes there were other ways to work around it but it never should have happened. The easiest thing to at the time was raise the cap.