Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nation Wars Redemption V2.8

Default Nation Wars Redemption V2.8

A few changes for the May round:

Recruiting Message - These messages may not be sent out using our normal message script. In the drop down menu (where you send message to your nation) there is a selection called Recruiting Message. When this is sent, it will send out to all states that are not currently in a nation. Works the same as the old one but now is combined with the regular message feature.

GDN - The GDN is now the only way to protect your state from war attacks. Members of the GDN cannot be attacked by states 50% less or higher NW than yours and also cannot be attacked by GA,AR or AA attacks, outside of war.

Infiltrate Banks & Razing Spy ops - Instead of destroying the cash or food during these ops, you can now steal it.

Construction Sites - Losses to CS have been adjusted and lowered. You will now lose less CS during a Standard Attack.

Attack Page - The drop down target selection has been removed and the page has been reworked a little.

Intelligence Page - The drop down target selection has been removed and the page has been reworked a little.
    Last edited by Mr President; 05-29-2019 at 16:33.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Are war attacks outside of war still 5 turns?

Also, IDK how I feel about stealing cash/food. Might result in some feeding.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Quote Originally Posted by northbabylon View Post
    Are war attacks outside of war still 5 turns?
    Yes, war attacks outside of war are 5 turns

Also, IDK how I feel about stealing cash/food. Might result in some feeding.
    We go back and forth on this. It's been this way for a while so it's time to change it up some. We'll see how it goes. Maybe we'll make aggressive spy ops show up on the events screen.

Updated my original post to include information about the attack page.

I remember asking whether Gdn protected against war attacks before. Good to get clear message about it now. Guess we can now have 20 war attacks without declaring war? Don't like the fact that if we want to protect against suicides we can no longer grab low nw bots.... And yes agreed stealing was done away with because of the feeding aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    I remember asking whether Gdn protected against war attacks before. Good to get clear message about it now. Guess we can now have 20 war attacks without declaring war? Don't like the fact that if we want to protect against suicides we can no longer grab low nw bots.... And yes agreed stealing was done away with because of the feeding aspect.
    There is no limit on war attacks at this time. If you want protection then be part of the GDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    There is no limit on war attacks at this time. If you want protection then be part of the GDN.
    so either have protection from suiciders or have the ability to grab bots? seems that with some of these changes we are going backwards.
    if you wanted to give more benefit to GDN why not have something like decrease in the amount of cash / stock lost when you're grabbed?
    no war attacks without war decleration was a good change. if you wanted to "spice things up" you could have e.g. changed the amount of attacks done per time post declaration. e.g. after 1h post dec. you can do 5 attacks, 2h you can do 10 attacks, 3h you can do 20 attacks, 4h is unlimited attacks.

Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Why not have a war declaration option, which stays the way it is (Maybe extend war dec time to 6 hours) but include a 'retaliation declaration' option. This would be used to attack to retaliate triple taps, harmful spy ops etc. Both leaders would have to agree to the retaliation start time + number of attacks + time to keep window open. So as an example,

Anton Tipples me in top 10. We agree that a retal is in order. 10 AAs + 2 SAs so I can break. We both agree to 10 war attacks to start at 15:00GT on 5/29/19. The war window will last for 1 hour. If I miss that hour, we have to agree to a new war declaration.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Why not have a war declaration option, which stays the way it is (Maybe extend war dec time to 6 hours) but include a 'retaliation declaration' option. This would be used to attack to retaliate triple taps, harmful spy ops etc. Both leaders would have to agree to the retaliation start time + number of attacks + time to keep window open. So as an example,

Anton Tipples me in top 10. We agree that a retal is in order. 10 AAs + 2 SAs so I can break. We both agree to 10 war attacks to start at 15:00GT on 5/29/19. The war window will last for 1 hour. If I miss that hour, we have to agree to a new war declaration.
    bit O/T but conceptually if a retal was agreed between both leaders one of the states could just drop readiness to 25% to make for an easy grab. or put stuff on PM just before AAs then take them back after....only a silly player would agree to AAs rather than just drop down in top10 to get grabbed. if its top1 then might as well just war because 10AAs + 2 SAs ruins set either way.

p.s. why would you use me as an example when there's literally a person you warred last set who kept trippling you all set long multiple states where as i am 90% of time a stocker who grabs bots only

i dont think a retal decleration is needed. if a retal is deserved the offending state should just drop readiness by doing send all attacks x 3-4. if it comes to having to AA might as well go full out war.

so either have protection from suiciders or have the ability to grab bots? seems that with some of these changes we are going backwards.
    I don't feel we are going backwards. In fact, I thought restricting war attacks to war only was a step in the wrong direction and a lot of members left after that change was in place. I think having protection from suiciders via GDN is a good thing. Yes, you will need to make a decision, GDN to protect you and lose the ability to grab bots, or grab bots and lose the protection. Again tho, bots were not created to be land farms for regular players. They were designed to make the game look fuller and also to give grabs to new states. I don't mind a grab here and there on a bot but it shouldn't be the main source of land for top states.

I think we should try this and see how it goes. Maybe we change it so TDN offers this protection instead of GDN. I want to game to be back to being not as predictable. I want people to be able to start wars and attack who they want but yet, still offer a means of protection for netters.

if you wanted to give more benefit to GDN why not have something like decrease in the amount of cash / stock lost when you're grabbed?
    These types of losses could be included with the medical tech that is already in place to reduces losses.