Thread: Mobile Theme Test

Default Mobile Theme Test

I have been working on a new mobile theme and would like to invite you all to test it out. I am trying to "dress up" the mobile theme a little while still trying to keep it simple without a bunch of banners and images. I also am trying to keep the navigational flow as simple as possible. I removed the drop down menu and replaced it with a top and bottom bar. In these bars are the main groups, such as Home, Structuring, Economics, Military ect ect... Once you click on one of those, the rest of the links will be at the top of the page, just like it is now. I did move some links around as I think they make better sense this way. Please make sure all the links in the game are there and function properly. Also, I reduced the amount of information on the stat bar. When using mobile we don't need to know game time and all of that. I will add that info to the overview section. The statbar now just has the crucial info... Turns, Money, Food, Oil and Readiness. You will also find some of the pages have been updated to help make the mobile theme look better. Such as the build page.

I am planning on making the mobile theme and the default theme match. Right now the military theme in the main game is the default theme. This is the one with the drop downs. The "Orange (Classic WoW) theme will become the default theme and the updated mobile theme will match it. Just makes sense. I know some are not fond of the orange theme so I will keep the desert theme up and running as a trade off ..

Please test it out and see how it feels. I find it very east and quick to get to the page I want to be at. Navigating through the game is a simple thumb press now. I think the drop down menu is a hassle and it takes to long to figure out where you want to go. Right now the new theme has words but I'm thinking as time progresses, I will replace the words with images. For instance, the "Messages" link will just have a mail icon. The Economics link would have a money graph icon. Similar to the smart phones. I think that will be a nice dress up for the game.

I have the new theme set up on a test server. When you log in with your phone or tablet, it will automatically convert to the mobile theme, just like the main game. Remember, this is a test server so killing each other doesn't really help us so please refrain. Just create a state, use some turns and navigate around the game some.

http://nation-wars.com/duplicate_index.php

Last edited by Mr President; 09-14-2019 at 01:25.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

When you build the screen only shows the turns you spend building and you can't scroll down to see your structures to build more or see how many buildings you have if that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

I kinda like the look and feel of it. But as xav said, you need the option to build more on the bottom. Also, the nations tab doesn’t load anything so I can’t create a nation. Also, you can’t hit attack again on the attack screen
    Last edited by northbabylon; 09-14-2019 at 09:59.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

I'll check these issues out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    When you build the screen only shows the turns you spend building and you can't scroll down to see your structures to build more or see how many buildings you have if that makes sense.
    Issue fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by northbabylon View Post
    I kinda like the look and feel of it. But as xav said, you need the option to build more on the bottom. Also, the nations tab doesn’t load anything so I can’t create a nation. Also, you can’t hit attack again on the attack screen
    These have been fixed as well.

On the PM it lists units and food/oil as available but there is no price and I can't buy any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

It’s a test server. Goods have been on that market for over a year . I’m sure the price went to 0. When the test server resets, it will take care of that issue.

So do you think its game worthy or any other comments?

i like it more than the current theme
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1