Thread: Quick questions

Default Quick questions

Took a corona-virus trip down memory lane. Played WoW/NW from 2005-2010 and thought I'd dive back in. There are a few things that escape me after 10 years and the manual doesn't address specifically:

1) Does your required amount of Science to Upgrade a unit vary based on how many you have of the unit currently? Do you need to sell all of a unit before upgrading for a better rate? Or is it standard regardless if you have 0 or 1 million of the unit?

2) I know SAs are 5 turns. Are AR AA and GA also 5 turns?

3) Are multiple states a thing now? Seeing lots of 3-4 man nations that all have similar names and numbers and almost identical build-outs/networth.

4) I see globally there is 1% of built land as CZ - is this a good rule of thumb? If you have 50k land have 500 CZ?

5) The manual says:
    Food True 0.001 NA Production on Unbuilt Land: 0.07
    Oil True 0.001 NA Production on Unbuilt Land: 0.07

I have unbuilt land that is not generating Food or Oil. Is this incorrect?

Thanks and see ya out there

Well answered my own #3 - didn't dawn on me that they are all Bots. Is there a way to determine who's a bot and who's hoarding turns to jump?

Quote Originally Posted by ploppy View Post
    Well answered my own #3 - didn't dawn on me that they are all Bots. Is there a way to determine who's a bot and who's hoarding turns to jump?
    bots dont have any spies. if you intel them they will have like 385 turns or so, 100% inf and no CS from memory. if someone hasnt done any grabs in 72hours but has loads of land hes probably a bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Missionary Guest

1) nope. It used to cost more science if you had units but it no longer does.

2) all attacks are 5 turns unless you have declared war and the alloted time has passed for the declaration to be come active. That's all attacks other than SA, which is always 5 turns. Once war declaration is active, all other attacks are 2 turns.

3) multiple states are not a thing. Inactive states are turned into bot states. These are run by a programme are are not real players.

4) CZ depend on personal preference. I have 110k land at the moment and just Iver 400CZ. I consider that abit low.

5) I don't get this question ����

3+) Intel the States. All bots will have maxed turns and look pretty similar. Also if they haven't grabbed then they are likely bots .

This is all great info. Thanks!

Last question - does the National Tax rate effect Sales from the Public Market or only cash generated each turn?

It affects both

its important to note that just because a state might look shit, doesnt mean its a bot. could just be Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    its important to note that just because a state might look shit, doesnt mean its a bot. could just be Andy

Ill have you know that the food I am selling to you tastes like my state looks.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1