Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Unwritten rules"

Quote Originally Posted by ploppy View Post
    You raise an interesting point and maybe it's just been the 10 years since I last played but is there always just 1 Indy that breaks away by the 5th day and then it becomes pointless to play for top NW?
    This is something that has always bothered me. In a perfect world where nothing bad happens and you can just net the set away, then yes, I guess it's true that someone could just steal the set. And nowadays, I guess this happens a lot more. I remember back in the day when a nation had the top state, those leaders needed to do a lot of diplomacy to help protect this state. They needed to make deals and alliances and pacts in order to help keep that state safe. I never agreed with someone ruining someone else's state for "just cause" but at the same time, I don't think a state should be able to win a round "just cause". If a Nation works hard to help keep the top state safe and interacts with other leaders AND the top state works hard and makes the right choices, then yes, he or she deserves to win the set and I applaud them. Right now, no deals are made. Leaders are not interacting and it's the "norm" to just say, well it's just a given that they are going to win because they broke away after day 5 or 6 or 7 or whatever day and I think that is sad. We are missing a whole element that made this game great back in the day. Everyone wants me to hard code something to make it easier or harder but yet, nobody wants to put forth an effort to help bring, in what I consider, the best element of the game and that is diplomacy. The fact that the same state wins set after set doesn't mean they are good, it means people are lazy. We have all gotten lazy and maybe that is because we are older and don't want to stay up all hours of the night warring and maybe its because membership is low. Maybe membership is low because the game is boring without all of the elements being played. Who knows but we really should be doing more to make the game a little more exciting.

It does become less fun knowing that neither of us will ever have enough turns to actually finish each other off. War attacks need to do 2x the damage they do currently for 1v1 wars to result in anyone dying.
    Agreed. It's basically a back and forth of attacking with no real outcome. This is where diplomacy comes in. Reach out to other states for help. Make deals and alliances. If you help me today, I'll help you tomorrow type of thing. Many wars were averted back in the day because we would know that if we attacked Nation A then Nation B would help them and attack us. We needed to prepare for that and have Nation C jump Nation B. All these types of planning no longer happen. And maybe it's gone forever (I really hope not) and maybe we should just remove all war attacks and make it a netting only game.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Missionary Guest

Still the main problem with warring is restarting. The set is a little slow for the first week before things start moving along. Having to restart again after being killed means 2 slow weeks out of 4. Restarts can't hide anymore and are often repeatedly killed. (not long ago I killed Z 11 times in 1 set, with a little help).

Make restarting easier:
    1. Stay in protection for say 1k turns if killed between day 10 and day 15. 1.5k if day 16 to 20 etc etc. This means you can potentially get back in the fight. But your restart starts with 1k turns in hand to use all at once or how ever you like.
    2. Maintain a certain amount of your dead states networth for a restart.
    3. Possibly the death is recorded but then the stats is essentially locked for 24 hours before returning and not being able to attack for a few days.

Also I like the idea that 1 person could kill another person, only if that other person didn't have to wait a week and hope they didn't die.

Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the A(ndy)-Team.
    Last edited by ilbertkalaste; 04-15-2020 at 18:49.

Quote Originally Posted by ilbertkalaste View Post
    Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the A(ndy)-Team.
    [4:06:20] Pavel:
    Stepps : Always a good idea to try and get atleast 1 Estonian in your nation instead of what we got

I knew I was cool, but to have an entire team named after me cool?
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

And Missionary, I know AAs won?t kill your state - that?s not my objective. I?m going to make the game unplayable for you the rest of the month or until you apologize. Every turn I take will be a war or spy attack on you. Plenty of time left in the month for a restart that can ruin the end of the set for you as well.

PS I?m quarantined working from home so plenty of time to keep this up.
    i recommend GAs. they are the most devastating attack as t hey destroy both army and buildings (ie CS!) which makes it a pain to rebuild. if you know someone is going to stonewall youd much rather spend 300 turns GAing than ARing for example because theres plenty of low army bots to grab. but rebuilding 200 CS so you can build land? ouch.
    Last edited by Divine Intervention; 04-16-2020 at 16:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

True on the GAs vs ARs but after 2.5 days of us each trading 100 turn hits on each other I'm pretty bored of it either way. I thought warring be more fun than repeatedly Attack/Build/Cash with every set of turns to compete for 2nd place. I don't want to do this for the next 15 days so I'm probably done for the set/maybe the game if I'm not excited enough to come back in 2 weeks.

Missionary Guest

And Missionary, I know AAs won?t kill your state - that?s not my objective. I?m going to make the game unplayable for you the rest of the month or until you apologize. Every turn I take will be a war or spy attack on you. Plenty of time left in the month for a restart that can ruin the end of the set for you as well.

PS I?m quarantined working from home so plenty of time to keep this up.
    2 days in, where did this guy go? Rather disappointed that all this attitude was a lie.

A little hyperbole . I thought it would be fun to create a spark and maybe a little rivalry but alas hitting each other back and forth every 12 hours is not actually fun - hence why I sold all my ships. Thought I might just stock 2 weeks and then try to rain hell down on James but 2 weeks of cash-and-bank also seems very not-fun.

Missionary Guest

Two weeks still enough time to get a decent net done. Gives you time to get back in the swing of things before having a crack at winning next set.