Thread: Next Round - Proposed Changes

Default Next Round - Proposed Changes

A couple of changes for next round:

- The loophole for the Respawn feature is closed. You will no longer be able to "respawn" your state until after the 4th day or the round.

- Construction sites will no longer be destroyed during an Standard Attack. You won't lose or gain any moving forward. I did lower the % a couple of sets ago but due to the cost of these to build, I don't think any should be lost during an SA.

I'm working on a couple of other things but not sure If I'll have them ready or not. I will be setting up a test server for the new PHP version and working on trying to get the game and forums to function on that. The server we reside on now will be shutting down soon as they need to upgrade it, so I need to focus my free time on making sure I can get the game to run on the new server.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Lets give it a try

Cs thing is good for my usual bit grabbing strat. As u usuallly dont get cs from bots abd lose cs to humans i can only benefit from it

We'll see how it goes. I may raise it back, slightly. I think the original setting was high so I lowered it a few sets back. I just think we shouldn't lose so many in an attack. They are expensive to build and I don't think we should lose so many in an attack. Let's try it this way and as I said, if needed, I'll raise it up a little. I would love some feedback on this too. Sometimes people see things in a different way and point out something I didn't think of, so feedback is good.

The main problem is losing 15+ CS in 1-2 attacks, since you can't gain it back when you do small attacks on real players. Maybe you could cap CS losses to 1-2 per attack regardless of amount of land lost instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    The main problem is losing 15+ CS in 1-2 attacks, since you can't gain it back when you do small attacks on real players. Maybe you could cap CS losses to 1-2 per attack regardless of amount of land lost instead.
    Yes, I can cap it at any number we want. But unless the attacking state was to gain them (which more are simply destroyed than taken by the attacker) I don't see the point in having anything happen to them. If more people agree with 1 -2 losses per attack, I'll set it at that. Before, I wasn't able to adjust the amount but I changed the code so we can set it to whatever we want now.

What happens when a 100% CS state gets grabbed? Eg 400 CS start up?

Otherwise I agree losing 15+ CS from a 10k double tap is brutal. I've noticed that I seem to lose less when I have unbuilt land though so that's what I do now before GB expires, just grab and not build 5-8k.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me