Thread: Forum BOTS?

Default Forum BOTS?

So i came by the forum just for some laughs at old LoR shit, and it said " 24 people online", I was like, " well there is no chance of that"....

Who's Online
    1 members and 121 guests
    Most users ever online was 2475, 02-13-2020 at 08:45.

121 Guests????

Are these just all bots attempting to spam the forum or send PMs to users? Its crazy too cause like a lot of them were surfing different forums and posts and I bet a lot of them had to be old posts...

Just curious as to why this is? NW can't be that big of a target for malware and adware bots
    And Shepards We Shall Be
    For Thee My Lord For Thee
    Power Hath Descended From Thy Hand
    Our Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Commands
    And We Shall Flow A River Forth To Thee
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
    In Nomeni Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Scanti

Yes. Most of those are bots attempting to get in. Some are crawlers and some are bots. I have safeguards in place that prevent them from making spam posts, like they did in the WoW days. Everyone once in a while one gets through but 99.9% are finally blocked.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

With the chatbox being part of the game (non-mobile theme) not as many visit here. Although, one of the bonuses now is visiting the forums.

Okay, that is a crazy amount of bots . I figured you had some safeguards in place, it is just crazy to me there were that many. It does seem like the activity even in game has definitly dropped over the years, but it doesn't look terrible. 200ish players maybe? if even half of those were semi-active i think it would still be a pretty fun game.

even in the early Nation Wars days there was a lot of forum activity. I have a lot of free time on my hands lately, so that is one of the major reasons i decided to stop by and the set had just started a day or two prior so I figured I would stop in, say hello, maybe play a few sets.

Would love to get a reunion tour going!!!! Wonder how many old players still have the same email address? (do they get an email notification for a forum private message?)

Would definitly start a recruitment campaign of old players !

Anyway, thanks for the reply, i noticed i had some old PMs from bots in the past, it was just crazy to me that there were sooooo many active at the same time, like sheeeeesh give it up
    And Shepards We Shall Be
    For Thee My Lord For Thee
    Power Hath Descended From Thy Hand
    Our Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Commands
    And We Shall Flow A River Forth To Thee
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
    In Nomeni Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Scanti

Some do still use the same email however, most of the time we use the NW facebook page to make reunion announcements or other stuff. Been a while since we had a post so we should strike up a conversation on that to remind people we are still here.

waves