Thread: Alliance (New Feature)

Default Alliance (New Feature)

Hello Everyone,

I have been working on a new feature called, Alliance. This feature is for nations and only nation leaders and those with the FA priv are able to use it. It's a basic shell at the moment but I will be building on it moving forward. I am releasing the beta version of it now you can help me flush out any bugs. Please use this thread and post any errors or bugs that you find. Nations will be able to have up to two alliances and with that, will come benefits. Right now all you can do is send some aid packages but eventually there will be lots of other benefits such as, being able to instantly declare war against someone who declares war against your ally, have an alliance national army where you help out your allies, be able to purchase goods from the PM from allies first and a few other ideas. I'm sure you all will have some good ideas that we can add to this as well. Right now you can only send up to 5% of your NA in an aid package. Normally, you will only be able to send that once, every 24hrs. but for testing, I'm not restricting the 24hr part however, please don't abuse it while we are testing things. We may increase or decrease the percentage of aid a nation can send but for testing, 5% is where its set. There will also be a 36hr restriction on when you can cancel an alliance but again, no restrictions during testing. There are currently no costs for having an alliance however, this may change as well. First we need to make it worth while and then we can assign a cost or maybe we just keep it free for nations. It's something new in the game and it's something we can build on. For PC users, you will see the link in the menu under Nations. For mobile users, you'll see the link with the other national links in the nations section. Please check it out and again, post any issues you find in this thread. Please don't send me in game messages to my state or the admin acct, I like to have everything in one spot so I don't have to remember to check different sections.

Enjoy!

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Seems you can be in an alliance with the same nation twice.

09:10:40-2022/10/08 God is an Astronaut[GIAA] is now allied with the Nation World of War[WoW]
    09:10:36-2022/10/08 God is an Astronaut[GIAA] is now allied with the Nation World of War[WoW]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

No, I think it’s doubling the message due to the query for the leader and those with FA priv. When I was testing, there was only 1 person in the nation so I wouldn’t have noticed the message was being posted like that. I’ll test more and fix this tomorrow.

When I propose an alliance, it shows 2 pending proposals with delete buttons next to each: World of War[WoW] and [WoW]. So it could be related to this.

It looks like I can send and receive more than 1 aid package per day?

There's no link to get to the alliance page on mobile for classic theme.

It would be helpful to show which nation member did alliance related things like send aid package or propose/end alliances in local news.

---

Edit:

When I click to send an aid package, the popup says: Are you sure you want to end this alliance? Then the alliance ends
    But when I tried this again with my other alliance it works. So I don't know what's triggering the first message.

When I try to send more than 1 aid package, the error message repeats itself.

You can only send 1 Military Aid Package to this nation per 24hrs!

The cap of 1 aid package per day works for military but not money.
    Last edited by Xavior; 10-11-2022 at 03:40.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    When I propose an alliance, it shows 2 pending proposals with delete buttons next to each: World of War[WoW] and [WoW]. So it could be related to this.

It looks like I can send and receive more than 1 aid package per day?

There's no link to get to the alliance page on mobile for classic theme.

It would be helpful to show which nation member did alliance related things like send aid package or propose/end alliances in local news.

---

Edit:

When I click to send an aid package, the popup says: Are you sure you want to end this alliance? Then the alliance ends
    But when I tried this again with my other alliance it works. So I don't know what's triggering the first message.

When I try to send more than 1 aid package, the error message repeats itself.

The cap of 1 aid package per day works for military but not money.
    Perfect! Thank you for the detailed feedback. I'll work on these and get it taken care of as soon as I can.