Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
While continuous warring may well damage the playerbase, excessive focus on netting (particularly the infantry hording kind) will cause as least as much damage if not more so. I don't play this game to crunch numbers every set, and without the threat of warring the top 5 or so are usually untouchable by anyone below them (with the possible exception of a very good stocker)

We badly need a unit rebalance (I'd opt for making infantry cheaper, but a lot weaker relative to tanks/ships/jets/bombers. 1 tank should equal 100 inf or so, and ideally jets and bombers would have a huge bonus in SA. People will no doubt complain about this, but the status quo is simple, whoever has the most infantry wins the set. Another idea is to have two new attacks: Blitzkrieg (tanks vs tanks + agm) and takes land, and something along the lines of "Aerial Assault" Jets and bombers vs Jets and sams, but kills infantry and tanks if successful (basically an alternate form of AA)
you can rebalance all you want, but those who crunch the numbers now, will crunch the numbers after the re-balance.
lenn/margus/me had more sams/spies/ships than anybody else when the war sprung out. Sure, you had a guy with lvl12 spies, and a guy with more ships than me, but they barely broke. And they werent balanced, they had one unit clearly more than others. Whils, us three had our defence in 4 areas fixed - spies, ground, air, naval.

#33 has a lot of infantry at the moment, more than margus/lenn. I dont see him winning anything.