Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
While the two SEALS may have been able to kill all of the attackers at the time, once word got out of a "massacre of libyan civilans" by US troops, all hell would break loose across not just libya but the whole middle east. It would be open season on every westerner in general and americans in particular. I seriously doubt that they could have got him out of the country alive in those circumstances.
1. It's already open season on every westerner.

2. Even if they spun it as a slaughter of Innocent Libyan Civilians it wouldn't make a difference in anyone's opinion towards the US. The logical ones would see the facts of reality and the extremist that actually believe it was anything other than defending a consulate are all ready willing to blow themselves up.

3. Yes, with proper support they could have gotten out of there or at least made it to the better defended CIA outpost one mile away to wait for a helo.

4. The level of chaos in the middle east really can't get much worse outside of Iran Nuking someone. Terrorist, Drones, Military and other things kill hundreds of "innocent" people every year.

I personally think the USA and Britain should completely pull out of the middle east. They all hate us and only use us for our aid money and oil purchases. Seriously, I've been to a few countries over there and most only care about their religion and money. I say let them figure it out for themselves and the rest of us should just stay the hell away.