Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
Tell her to spoil the ballot Did you vote for a police commisioner?

Patriotism is a waste of time unless we somehow bring back the empire, and there's more chance of Poland conquering Russia than that.

As to the EU, I agree there's plenty wrong with it, but the UK is too small to be credible standing on our own, and the other option is to become 51st state. Sod that, better the French and Germans than the madness that runs rampant in the US. (no offense to the yanks here btw) We either become:

1) Insignificant Island

2) Major player in EU

3) Officialy a US colony (arguable we're already one unofficialy)
Well Poland did conquer Russia for a tiny bit of their history im sure theyre still masturbating over it xD

Well what about countries like Australia/Canada/New Zealand? Mexico? There are shitload of countries in the world and im sure theyre not butthurt about being "insignificant". Who cares if were no longer credible. Hey, hopefully that stops the legions of benefit seekers and political asylum seekers coming in here. Borders should be closed. Only immigrants allowed in should be either v.skilled ones or high net worth investors (thats how my family got here ). Theres all this talk about local population not willing to do the jobs that low skilled immigrants are willing to....well that seems to imply our local population is somehow highly 100percent skilled. It is anything but that.

A sense of pride in community & society needs to be installed in these people. They should be forced to work for charities / doing public works if they want to continue receiving their benefits and are somehow unsuccessfull in their job search. or something along those lines. But then again im sure theres some EU Human Rights bill that will deem that against their human rights of doing only 1-2 hours worth of job searching a week, collecting benefits then playing Xbox rest of time.

Personally I have no idea how people can stay on the dole. When I graduated University I had no job lined up and spent ages looking for one. I was also living alone and spent all the money left to me on various recreations. When I ran out of money I applied to job seekers allowance whilst still searching for graduate jobs....I was on that for a whole 2-3 weeks before I got so fed up that I found a flexible PT job on an OK income. After working in that I found a FT one afterwards...the whole process of always needing to go the the job centre and deal with their massive ineptitude and beauracracy was mind blowing numbing. I felt I had a better grasp on the employment market than some of the people working there. Who couldn't even type without spelling errors tbh.

Anyway, I guess you could say im quite the isolationist. Switzerland is loving it. Why can't we? The people of the EU are too diverge in their beliefs and opinions to be able to have as a result a unified policy on things such FA etc. and i 100percent sure that as soon as UK loses any chance of leaving and are forced to stay, people will start shitting all over us inside the EU too. Major player my ***.

I dont see why we cant try and rebuild the ties with NZ/Aus/Canada. Atleast those are countries we are really close to rather than French and Germans.