Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colombia > Venezuela/Ecuador

Simple solution. Decriminalize drug use.

You're not going to stop junkies from getting high whatever is done anyway. Let them drug themselves all they want. Hell, you might as well give them the drugs for free. It's going to save the western nations tons of money on both enforcement and the associated crimes that go with it, and as a bonus, nations like colombia won't have to deal with rich terrorist organisations with money from the drug trades.

It's not like people will say: Hooray, cocaine is legal. I'm going to quit my job and snort cocaine instead.

Open up barracks where the junkies can live with access to their drugs and leave the rest of us alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwahahahaha View Post
    Simple solution. Decriminalize drug use.

You're not going to stop junkies from getting high whatever is done anyway. Let them drug themselves all they want. Hell, you might as well give them the drugs for free. It's going to save the western nations tons of money on both enforcement and the associated crimes that go with it, and as a bonus, nations like colombia won't have to deal with rich terrorist organisations with money from the drug trades.

It's not like people will say: Hooray, cocaine is legal. I'm going to quit my job and snort cocaine instead.

Open up barracks where the junkies can live with access to their drugs and leave the rest of us alone.
    that makes perfect sense!!!

seriously I can understand weed being legal, but hard drugs like that need to remain off the market. Drug dealers aren't nice people. They won't simply wait around to see who gets addicted especially in poor areas. The ones who would suffer the most would be the down and out mostly the poor. Consider that offering a free "sample" to a teen or anyone would create a good chance that person will become addicted to coke, heroine, etc...It's easier said than done.