Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Right to Bear Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    You got my point exactly as I meant it. With the prevalence of violence throughout our society, it just seems, to me, that there is no concern for the consequences of our actions. The act of killing seems to no longer be the worst possible behavior. AS in every video game these kids see, "oh I got ****, ok, re spawn" not saying that they don't understand the finality of death, but it is repeated so often that how can they not be desensitized to it to a certain degree.
    Then again, I'm a big time gamer and I'm a fist and bothered greatly by death and violence. =P

It's all a matter of if people can distinguish between reality and fantasy. What may seem to some outsider as desensitization is really just the person realizing something is fantasy, and therefore isn't bothered by it.

Oh I agree with you there, but we also went thru a time when our moral compass pointed in a little different direction.
    Certainly hope you're not referring to Victorian times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeonic View Post
    Then again, I'm a big time gamer and I'm a fist and bothered greatly by death and violence. =P

It's all a matter of if people can distinguish between reality and fantasy. What may seem to some outsider as desensitization is really just the person realizing something is fantasy, and therefore isn't bothered by it.

Certainly hope you're not referring to Victorian times.
    that I agree with. No I am only talking common human decency. I believe, and I know, I am old and ****, but, I believe that is timeless. It isn't any harder to be decent than it is to be some crazy *** shooting up schools. That is all I am really trying to say, it isn't the guns that are killing ppl, it is some of the people that can get guns.

I don't think we really disagree as much as it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Cape View Post
    Hmmm, how easy we forget, if you studied anything besides American propaganda history you'd remember the good old USA invaded Canada in 1812, and during the American revolution, and were thrown out on your asses each time. Canada stands on it's own with or without American military bull crap. I also remember the good old USA sitting out the start of both world wars, nothing like coming in late and claiming a great victory. America only became a real military power after WWII, before then they wanted nothing to do with foreign wars or to be a superpower. I'm sure if the US wanted to invade Canada they could easily do it, but I promise if they did it would make Iraq and Vietnam look like a beach party, I would make it my mission to kill as many invading troops as necessary, by what ever means necessary. As would anyone who has there home country attacked.
    In 1812 Canada had the backing of the entire British Empire.