Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What can we do better?

well we do have a soap opera in the form of "wanted vs tng"
    daytime emmy, ftw?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    low tax
    Average of nation taxes +3-5% was the suggestion. The point was to discourage that by this extra tax, and the high cost of leaving the beginner's guild.
    The Legend of Glorious Province
    Download the Nation Wars Calculator, last updated 2008-07-02 18:14 EST. See forum post for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Norrisville View Post
    well we do have a soap opera in the form of "wanted vs tng"
    daytime emmy, ftw?
    And only by reading this would I know that thread was even worth glancing at.

I would love to have my nation's forum on this forum with a password protected section or a member group priv restriction or something. The ingame forums just suck ballocks

Crimson Shadow Guest

That would be a pain to upkeep with members constantly switching nations. So Mr P (or whomever would be put in charge of that) would have to change members from nation forum to nation forum and would then have to set certain restrictions such as limiting who can see what parts as sets progress.

Perhaps you could use an invisionfree forum or something like that for your nation...similar to what USA has for example.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    I would love to have my nation's forum on this forum with a password protected section or a member group priv restriction or something. The ingame forums just suck ballocks
    Back in WoW i pushed for this same thing. I thought it would be nice to have nation forums inside this forum... But that was back when i didn't know anything ..

Now i understand why svenne always either shot it down or ignored it. The time it would take to set it up and maintain it would be huge, and the biggest reason we can't is costs.. The more we add to this forum the more space we need which creates higher costs each month.

So unfortunately this is not an option..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

not dissagreing, but think about this.

1. you are not eligible for a forum for your nation unless your nation is established (3sets).
    2. then you set the leader of the nation with the permission to be a group leader. As a group leader he can accept or decline any requests to be a part of that group.
    3. The leader must lead the same nation for 3 sets or more, and must apply for a forum, as well as be a prem member?

This may lead to more consistant nation set after set, which i dont know for sure is a good or bad thing. Just an idea.

If peopel dont want to post in the forums it means that they dont have anything to post. And if they post anyway, it would just be spam. And do we want people to spam all time?

I dont like spam. If people have something to say, then its fine. But if they dont have anything to say they should just stfu as they are doing now. So things is just fine

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    not dissagreing, but think about this.

1. you are not eligible for a forum for your nation unless your nation is established (3sets).
    2. then you set the leader of the nation with the permission to be a group leader. As a group leader he can accept or decline any requests to be a part of that group.
    3. The leader must lead the same nation for 3 sets or more, and must apply for a forum, as well as be a prem member?

This may lead to more consistant nation set after set, which i dont know for sure is a good or bad thing. Just an idea.
    As I said earlier...this can already be done without adding extra cost to Mr P's bills or to make this more time consuming.

Just get an invisionfree forum for your nation (or another free forum) and use that. It would be much easier for Mr P that way..and then you can customize it to your own tastes.