Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xah

This whole thing sounds racist.

Good point.

And how?

By the declaration that all men are not equal?

Unwritten put planned precepts deal with a man's value being placed upon what they know, can do, and have done - removing judgments due to such shallow determinators as skin color.
    Last edited by Grendel Khan; 07-02-2008 at 19:15.

Ok, then what of the ppl that do not take the steps necessary to become part of the citizenry, what of them? Are they allowed to intermingle with those that did take the proper path? Are they entitled to any of the same benefits of citizenship and what are the benefits of citizenship?

If they aren't, then what is to stop them from taking the benefits from those that earned them?

Quote Originally Posted by Minimus View Post
    Ahh good. Another topic where instead of discussing the topic, we argue about the very essence of the topic. I love these threads!

I actually thought that was what he was asking for.

And I am not arguing, I am only trying to wrap my head around the concept and see if I can poke hopes in it.

Munich, Bavaria, Germany / Leicester, England, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel Khan View Post
    Well, in order to become a citizen, an individual would have to show understanding of accountability, learned through classes/programs, and a requirement to pass tests as well as swear an oath of citizenship.

If an individual didn't go through this process then they remain a civilian, and merely given a basic terms of conduct due to being a human being. They are not a productive member of society and can not expect any of the results of accountability.

As for regulation. That would be performed on the local level, with an accountable leader responsible for the well being of those citizens under their stewardship.
    Sound very Starship Troopers to me

If someone did not take the path to become a citizen, then they would be like an eternal teenager - able to interact in the world of citizen's but not as a citizen.

Without being accountable a person can NOT own property, but rather those responsible FOR them have that requirement. Even to the point of Intellectual property. (still on drawing board of thought process)

Each local would be responsible for protecting their citizens, including protection from the actions of non-citizens.

But you'd have to think law would be one sided in the favor of those Who have taken the steps to become accountable for their actions, over those that chose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by KLL View Post
    Sound very Starship Troopers to me
    Heinlin's Social Commentary definitely influenced ideas both in my perceptions about society, and in Xah. I imagine a few higher steps to accountability, but agree with Heinlin's basic idea of those that chose to become a part of society and those that do not chose to be.

Actually, this kind of reminds me of Dune, not sure why.

You mention "belief system". So in essence, people in this society are brainwashed to accept this system?

And if they do not pass this test and are still allowed to intermingle, would the "non-believers" cause potential disruption in this society?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

I've studied a ton of Herbert. He has an amazing amount of insight into social interaction, and the use of Belief systems by leaders.

No Brain washing involved beyond what is already used to continue social order and traditions. In order for a belief system to work, or a government, it must be entered into with free-will and an educated understanding of the system.

I will have to think on the affect of those outside of the system that do not embrace Xah and those inside the system that do embrace Xah. I doubt there should be much difficulties between an advocate of Xah, and someone how doesn't follow it. But their could be issues in the authority of an individual's Locale. Those would be some of the same problems they had with regulations in their local without the affect of Xah.