Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Intellectual Atheism

Quote Originally Posted by pron View Post
    Lol, you're such an idiot max.

I've quoted all your posts in this thread. If I missed one, feel free to quote it here.

If you don't, then I'll just assume you have no basis for your beliefs and that you're just an antagonistic fool.
    ig·no·rant Audio Help /ˈɪgnərənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ig-ner-uhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective
    1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
    2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
    3. uninformed; unaware.
    4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

Seems to me Pron is quite knowledgeable on this subject, he is informed, and properly aware of what he is doing. I think, if I remember correctly, he is also trained on the subject. I don't think he is uninformed, and he seems to be able to backup everything he says. I don't know why you guys insist on arguing this subject. Trying to convince a Christian about the absence of God is like trying to convince a Republican that everyone deserves health care. It's not going to happen no matter what you say. You can either be a ******bag about it, or try to understand their reasoning and maybe learn something yourself. I think the fundamental belief structure of Christianity and Atheism is very similar in that you both want to question everything, and learn from it. So, basically stop calling people idiots or ignorant, and drink some mother ****ing beer.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlfunk View Post
    If there is no God - I agree with you. There are no morals, no reason to love, build, help society, etc. You should live however and do whatever the heck you want with no regard for anyone.

But if you are a normal human - you can clearly see that this is not the way one should act, but on atheism - this conscience cannot be accounted for.
    God has nothing to do with morals, love or build. Its society that manages it. In order to preserve our existance and continue being at top of evolution we need to boundry our instinct and act according to whats best for all the community.

how come we lived fine before Jesus came? How come 10k years before that we had morals, sins, love, spiritism? We didn`t need Christian teaching, we did what was necessary!

God is no argument here
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    There is NO evidence that you can show me that Jesus walked the earth after he was crucified. And no Bible doesn`t count as an evidence. Case closed.

'Eyewitnesses' in 1st century are not the most reliable sorts. esp religious fanatics. Do we ought to believe every sect out there? NO! We base our belief on logic. And logic says- you die, you stay dead. You need evidence for that? Go to the graveyard and dig someone out and show me him! Wanna bet he`s gonna be stinking deadish?

My evidence to back up Churches power struggle? Lmao! You need to read more history then you do! Middle age, witch hunt, indulgence selling, 'sin release', conspiracies, blackmail, extort, murder, Jesuits, pop deaths, holy wars... lmao, evidence..
    I don`t know how pron could quote ALL!!! my post and miss every one before 20th page!

So here`s the one you missed.
    CW, TWC/PX, E

Actually, you've only said what you think about the Bible and the Church. You've never stated why you believe what you believe for yourself. You've certainly said why you believe Christianity is wrong, but you haven't said anything about what you believe to be right.

Understand?
    I know you've presented your argument against the Bible Max. I'm not asking for that. I'm asking for you to post what you believe and why. Hence this post that I'm quoting here.

@ Minimus--I agree with you on a lot of what you said. I don't know what this world is coming to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

I know you've presented your argument against the Bible Max. I'm not asking for that. I'm asking for you to post what you believe and why. Hence this post that I'm quoting here.

@ Minimus--I agree with you on a lot of what you said. I don't know what this world is coming to...
    This is so true. I see alot of religion bashing, but nothing concerning what you "atheists" or whatever actually do believe in. If all you believe is bashing religion, you are probably not happy. What makes you guys happy? What do you hold true that makes each day livable? I think some of these religious guys would like your input. I also think they will actually listen to it and not put you down for what you have to say.

God has nothing to do with morals, love or build. Its society that manages it. In order to preserve our existance and continue being at top of evolution we need to boundry our instinct and act according to whats best for all the community.

how come we lived fine before Jesus came? How come 10k years before that we had morals, sins, love, spiritism? We didn`t need Christian teaching, we did what was necessary!

God is no argument here
    I'm not saying that you need God in order to live morally. Christianity teaches that God has written morality on the hearts of men.

Don't misunderstand what I am saying here: Without God it doesn't make sense to live morality. Everyone knows the phrase "You ought not kill your neighbor" is true - the question is why is it true? My contention is that without God - it cannot be true, because ultimately it matters not. If I kill him or not, the universe will be in the same place in the end. It doesn't matter whether humans continue to survive or not - the universe is going to die either way. It doesn't matter if the community remains stable or not - the universe is going to die either way.

We all know right and wrong - but without the belief of God, you have a huge hole in your rational foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlfunk View Post
    Everyone knows the phrase "You ought not kill your neighbor" is true - the question is why is it true? My contention is that without God - it cannot be true, because ultimately it matters not. If I kill him or not, the universe will be in the same place in the end. It doesn't matter whether humans continue to survive or not - the universe is going to die either way. It doesn't matter if the community remains stable or not - the universe is going to die either way.

We all know right and wrong - but without the belief of God, you have a huge hole in your rational foundation.
    eh? I would think laws would play a roll in this. Atheists don't kill their neighbors either. Death penalties, social conscience, jail time, things like this. Max isn't going to kill you because he loves Jesus. He's not going to kill you because it would end up bad for him in this lifetime, not necessarily heaven. I disagree with that thought, therefore you are ignorant!!! j/k.

I don`t know how pron could quote ALL!!! my post and miss every one before 20th page!

So here`s the one you missed.
    After reading it a few times - I'm pretty sure your argument is essentially:

1. Miracles cannot happen.
    2. The bible contains stories about miracles.
    3. Therefore the bible is not historical.

Would you agree that this is your argument Max?

Quote Originally Posted by Minimus View Post
    eh? I would think laws would play a roll in this. Atheists don't kill their neighbors either. Death penalties, social conscience, jail time, things like this. Max isn't going to kill you because he loves Jesus. He's not going to kill you because it would end up bad for him in this lifetime, not necessarily heaven. I disagree with that thought, therefore you are ignorant!!! j/k.
    Umm... I think you misread what I wrote.

As I said, in the 1st or one of the first posts I already said, but ok, I`ll repeat, as your don`t even look at the posts I made just accuse me of not giving answers.

I believe in the idea or Christianity. I`m Catholic.
    I don`t believe in God as supernatural entity, I don`t believe Jesus rose from the dead, I don`t believe he walked on water.
    I believe in the idea of compassion, equality and unity. Thats what I believe. It doesn`t take supernatural to believe in the cause. People need ideas, not idols.
    CW, TWC/PX, E