Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: LOR vs NS + SLOB

they get off by ruining your day. that`s about it. LoR, WLF...doesn`t matter really
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Let me say what I have been saying since day 1...

This game is called "Nation-wars"

This game is about nations getting together and knocking out other nations, it is not about nations letting a single member get an ungodly score of 9 kagillion networth no.

The original premise of the game when I used to play back in '03 was to get the top overall score, and if somone was impeeding on you doing that you either killed them, or killed their whole nation (with a few exceptions).

That is all we are doing, have you looked at the scores lately?

We are doing exactly that, we are knocking out everyone in our way of making the top 10...
    WoW: [FW]
    Never piss off a farmer.

NW: [USA][FW][LoR]x2
    Red turns are a l3itch!

'03-'08 Off and on (more off then on!)

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin74 View Post
    the thing that made the difference in the old game (when we still had people) was that there was challenge to netting
    it is crazy easy to make top ten set after set these days
    it requires about 10 mins of work. in the past it would take hours and you still never knew if you would get top 10. no one ran away with the game from week 1. the game had more skillful players. this is not a bash on anyone here but that is the way it is. the netting contests kept it fun. the wars were great to but they were always even wars and there was always a reason. a few crap clans would war for no reason but that was not that often and they stopped pretty quickly

i am not saying lor is killing the game but the mentality of their leaders is killing the game. changing your own rules midset to pick a fight with people you know have no chance of winning is just stupid. you are probably the same idiots that make fun of a guy in a wheel chair. but you go on thinking you are good for the game and that you are what makes this game work
    Top 2 is the new top 10?

We did not, however, pick on someone with no chance of winning. Before the war, we only had a slight networth advantage on either NS or Slob and they had much fatter states on average. LoR was more war-prepped and had more turns but both NS and Slob knew war was coming and they held something like 8 of the top 10 spots. I know several of our members thought we would lose this war.

As to your last point, I believe this game is too dynamic for the mentality of LoR leaders to be killing it. LoR is not good or bad for the game, we just play it. Admins set the ground rules and the players go at it. You have to be smart enough, be good enough at diplomacy or be strong enough to achieve your goals and if you don't, you try again. Nothing in the game lasts too long, that's why we have resets every month.
    Last edited by kanman; 06-22-2009 at 16:27.

Quote Originally Posted by kanman View Post
    Top 2 is the new top 10?

We did not, however, pick on someone with no chance of winning. Before the war, we only had a slight networth advantage on either NS or Slob and they had much fatter states on average. LoR was more war-prepped and had more turns but both NS and Slob knew war was coming and they held something like 8 of the top 10 spots. I know several of our members thought we would lose this war.
    In a previous post, i said "the general feeling is we are not going to win this war".

In no way did we feel that we were going to win this second war. The only reason we won is because we played hard, and stayed strong. Maybe NS, and SLOB lost because they didnt. All of our intelligence said that we were going to lose this war..

BTW I have to give it up to WLF, I dont konw why buy i feel like we had more fun fighting them, then we did fighting NS and SLOB
    Never piss off a farmer.

Red turns are a l3itch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaphew View Post
    Let me say what I have been saying since day 1...

This game is called "Nation-wars"

This game is about nations getting together and knocking out other nations, it is not about nations letting a single member get an ungodly score of 9 kagillion networth no.

The original premise of the game when I used to play back in '03 was to get the top overall score, and if somone was impeeding on you doing that you either killed them, or killed their whole nation (with a few exceptions).

That is all we are doing, have you looked at the scores lately?

We are doing exactly that, we are knocking out everyone in our way of making the top 10...
    I heard this 'Nation Wars', 'World of War' think a billion times, it never made a good excuse. Neither cheating nor ****ing people up. But I gotta give it to you war nations, you made an input in this games history, you brought it down to 50 members!

By the way, when you grow up and mature (if ever), you`ll come to understand the different meaning of word and not blindly following you leaders. Now please, stop before you regret it. You guys tried it a billion times and you always come to look as the bad part of the game. spare me the time and go create some multie and war someone. please
    Last edited by Max Logan; 06-22-2009 at 16:52.
    CW, TWC/PX, E

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    I heard this 'Nation Wars', 'World of War' think a billion times, it never made a good excuse. Neither cheating nor ****ing people up. But I gotta give it to you war nations, you made an input in this games history, you brought it down to 50 members!

By the way, when you grow up and mature (if ever), you`ll come to understand the different meaning of word and not blindly following you leaders. Now please, stop before you regret it. You guys tried it a billion times and you always come to look as the bad part of the game. spare me the time and go create some multie and war someone. please
    You want some cheese with that wine?
    Never piss off a farmer.

Red turns are a l3itch!

In a previous post, i said "the general feeling is we are not going to win this war".

In no way did we feel that we were going to win this second war. The only reason we won is because we played hard, and stayed strong. Maybe NS, and SLOB lost because they didnt. All of our intelligence said that we were going to lose this war..

BTW I have to give it up to WLF, I dont konw why buy i feel like we had more fun fighting them, then we did fighting NS and SLOB
    part of a reason why NS went down so fast is A) we lost a leader (me) that day due to a family emergency. I wasn't able to lead strikes and rally our troops on normal.
    Our top states also didn't help war and our top state jumped to you guys so he can finish top 3.
    We also had a lot of states that aren't warrers.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Quote Originally Posted by northbabylon View Post
    part of a reason why NS went down so fast is A) we lost a leader (me) that day due to a family emergency. I wasn't able to lead strikes and rally our troops on normal.
    Our top states also didn't help war and our top state jumped to you guys so he can finish top 3.
    We also had a lot of states that aren't warrers.
    My sympathies to you and your family BTW
    Never piss off a farmer.

Red turns are a l3itch!

You want some cheese with that wine?
    you want some help? mental perhaps?
    CW, TWC/PX, E

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    But I gotta give it to you war nations, you made an input in this games history, you brought it down to 50 members!
    No war nations did not do that. WLF and LoR were both war nations and we were two of the biggest nations around. Whats killing the game is crap members like you who do nothing but b*tch and moan when things don't go their way. It's people like you who run your mouth with no intention of backing it up and create so much negative energy in the community what brought this game down. If your too blind to see that then maybe you need to mature. As a community we are all equally responsible for the condition the game is in. So, why don't you change your ways, why don't you recruit people to the nations your in? Wow used to have 1k + we all knew people from that and most members have people's contacts still, but instead of trying to bring them back its much easier to come on here and complain and bring everyone else down with you.

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are