Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: SLOB vs. LOR

Will it be out of line, if I say I do have to agree with LoR bashing SLOB for hypocrisy.

I`m known as a person that holds grudges forever. If I didn`t like your nations, you might as well call it a day, I`ll never like you. I really hate LoR for what they`ve done in the past and do agree, they cannot be trusted...But...

This set, for some odd reason SLOB has sunk beneath their own standards. I don`t know why, maybe they are guided the wrong way or something. But calling a truce and then striking anyway sounds kind pathetic to me. I was always for fair play no matter what. I was kinda pissed when I heard ELD was stepping in.

What I want to say it, maybe we should start treating people the way we want to be treated and forget who can and can`t be trusted. And I hope SLOB is a democracy and will forgive me stating my opinion!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    Will it be out of line, if I say I do have to agree with LoR bashing SLOB for hypocrisy.

I`m known as a person that holds grudges forever. If I didn`t like your nations, you might as well call it a day, I`ll never like you. I really hate LoR for what they`ve done in the past and do agree, they cannot be trusted...But...

This set, for some odd reason SLOB has sunk beneath their own standards. I don`t know why, maybe they are guided the wrong way or something. But calling a truce and then striking anyway sounds kind pathetic to me. I was always for fair play no matter what. I was kinda pissed when I heard ELD was stepping in.

What I want to say it, maybe we should start treating people the way we want to be treated and forget who can and can`t be trusted. And I hope SLOB is a democracy and will forgive me stating my opinion!
    The honest reponse to that statement is that SLOB is acting out of character. This is an all time low for SLOB as far as how we act during a war. In my own opinion I think LOR relys on the typical behavior of nation leaders and uses it against us.

Somewere down the road of this war, and wars leading up to this one I started to think that the likes of LOR actually count on our typical behavior and use it to there advantage. Matter fact if I am not mistaken Kanman admitted that to me in a MSN convo today.

This war broke out quickly and broke out of control just as quickly. It was only two days ago we declared. Sometime on Sunday we were contacted by ELD and NS about #11. I did set our Sunday strike time the same as ELD's. Why wouldnt I. With in literally minutes it went from SLOB vs. LOR to ELD vs #11, to ELD + SLOB vs LOR. Minutes later literally Kanman approached me while I was heading out the door with my family. When I got back Dogma accepted a cease fire. Thats all good. SLOB got there, ELD got there, we thought it was over for now.

When I woke up, LOR grabbed two moremembers and two ELD fell during the night. We promised to help ELD if they got in trouble. This is were the lines get blurry. Do we help ELD or do we keep the cease fire?

Since LOR imo have not done right by SLOB or by many other nations in the past the descition was simple for me to make. Its just one of those things.

You know...no one knows this, but in the first two days of this set it wsa just me and max...we didnt even think we had a nation. We were just about to pull the plug and ask to join NS because they did the same for us two sets in a row. In between PMs we picked up some members and suddenly we have 20+ members. With in minutes fate steared us the way we went...

In the end Max, I dont regret that more LOR states died. Mainly because Kanman imo intensionally relied on Dogma and I to be moral, and just. Which we were and intended to be.

When LOR went on ELD I think what happened was a small awakening, realizing and feeling that we were actually taken advantage of as good guys and moral leaders. (uncomfirmed)

When that happened I lost my Sh** and said ALL IN, lets go back to war.

I dont really appriciate being someone fool and that is the way I saw it for the most part on my screen over here in Maryland. Many other screen may have painted a different picture I am sure of it, but thats how I saw things.

Maggio, shorten your posts please. Takes too much time to read...

If you read what I said when in the surrender post, I clearly stated we were going to focus on Eld.

As for the other parts of your posts, maybe i will respond if you summarized.
    Last edited by kanman; 09-15-2009 at 00:53.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    Maybe... just maybe consider this... Kanman, Pron etc... put LOR away. start new and fresh. leave LOR away. dont faction, and then regroup. Lets get LOR in the HOF, and retired. Lets all work on 10-15, 10 man nations and get something rolling for a few sets. I know we all can do it, and a lot of people are pouring in effort. Get a few noobies, train them and get them to build nations.

Just to prove how serious I am. If LOR retires the tag this set, I will leave slob next set and try to get a 10 man nation rolling with a few other members. i will put my money were my mouth is and do as i say.
    Just to up the pot. If LOR retires permanantly (meaning now) I will delete my state right now, and not play another turn until next set. Next set I will start my own nation and try to add another 10 man nation to teh scores sheet.

In return, members of LOR split up. kanman, and pron both split and try to EACH form 10 man nation as well. If we can accomplish this, there will be 3 new ten man nations next set and SLOB with at least 10. we could actually be close to filling the entire top ten with ten man nations.

If not... I guess we can count on this vicious cycle going on and on until the game is over.

Guys, let's have a fun little activity and analyze MAGGIO's speech......Bare with me it's quite amazing how this guy talks. Well I guess MAGGIO assumed that we are all "typical" morons who will fall for his "oh!" so inspiring, self reflective rhetoric!

The honest reponse to that statement is that SLOB is acting out of character. This is an all time low for SLOB as far as how we act during a war. In my own opinion I think LOR relys on the typical behavior of nation leaders and uses it against us.
    See what he did there? Used Max Logan's critique on SLOB and turned it into a bashing LOR statement with false assumptions. Using other leader's typical behaviors and use it against them? I think only someone as shrew and calculative as MAGGIO would do this in a MMO game. MAGGIO you're totally complicating things. Take it easy, it's a game. But I guess, Internet is serious business, right?

Matter fact if I am not mistaken Kanman admitted that to me in a MSN convo today.
    Since when was kanman admitting wrong-doing to you. It was simply a truce talk. Stop using other people's surrender to glorify your actions while plundering your opponents into the abyss of moral injustice.

Since LOR imo have not done right by SLOB or by many other nations in the past the descition was simple for me to make. Its just one of those things.
    Yeah, using this opportunity again to solidify you as the world leader who unites everyone against a made-up enemy with only 10 members. How inspiring. Everyone should bow down to your greatness. Might as well add in a new feature next set so MAGGIO can run for UN secretary next set.

With in minutes fate steared us the way we went....
    Oh wow....fate steared them. That's so magical. I'm in total awe!! Pulled by a unicorn?? Or is it by Poseidon's mermaids?? Must've been the mermaids.

In the end Max, I dont regret that more LOR states died. Mainly because Kanman imo intensionally relied on Dogma and I to be moral, and just. Which we were and intended to be.
    YEAH RIGHT. Kanman relied on you and Dogma to be moral and just. And even better, you're intended to be one. OH Heck. Can't you just be a normal gamer and talk like a normal person?

When LOR went on ELD I think what happened was a small awakening, realizing and feeling that we were actually taken advantage of as good guys and moral leaders. (uncomfirmed)
    Oh wow awakening. Good guys and moral leaders! **** hard to find a saint like you these days, aren't we right, MAGGIO? Maybe we should all make a statue for you and lick your feet every morning. Or maybe we should send in all our children to be your servents and wives. LOR attacking ELD was a natural retaliation since they killed the top state. What does that have to do with your awakening? Seriously, it gives me the goose bumps.

Talking the way you are, you might as well go run a US senate seat. Or heck, go run for president for all I care. But don't expect a vote from any of us. You're clearly a hypocrit with pretty talk. Not a chance you're getting any support. Anyways, big waste of my time. Just reading your posts makes me want to throw up. Have fun pouring out more of that nauseating talk. We're so excited to be enlightened by your greatness, OH great HYPOCRITICAL leader of the NW universe.

Hello Hello Hello =)
    The Flying Circus

[MexUn]x7 [AF]x12 [RFC]x1 [LOR]x1 [WANT]x2 [LOR]x1 [AF]x4 [SMILE]x1 [WLF]x1 [LOR]x1 [AF]x2 [RAGE]x2
    [LOR]x2 [USA]x1 [TNG]x1 [WLF]x1 [ICN]x1 [WLF]x1 [DEAD]x1
    [LOR 2018]

Quote Originally Posted by doppy View Post
    Guys, let's have a fun little activity and analyze MAGGIO's speech......Bare with me it's quite amazing how this guy talks. Well I guess MAGGIO assumed that we are all "typical" morons who will fall for his "oh!" so inspiring, self reflective rhetoric!

See what he did there? Used Max Logan's critique on SLOB and turned it into a bashing LOR statement with false assumptions. Using other leader's typical behaviors and use it against them? I think only someone as shrew and calculative as MAGGIO would do this in a MMO game. MAGGIO you're totally complicating things. Take it easy, it's a game. But I guess, Internet is serious business, right?

Since when was kanman admitting wrong-doing to you. It was simply a truce talk. Stop using other people's surrender to glorify your actions while plundering your opponents into the abyss of moral injustice.

Yeah, using this opportunity again to solidify you as the world leader who unites everyone against a made-up enemy with only 10 members. How inspiring. Everyone should bow down to your greatness. Might as well add in a new feature next set so MAGGIO can run for UN secretary next set.

Oh wow....fate steared them. That's so magical. I'm in total awe!! Pulled by a unicorn?? Or is it by Poseidon's mermaids?? Must've been the mermaids.

YEAH RIGHT. Kanman relied on you and Dogma to be moral and just. And even better, you're intended to be one. OH Heck. Can't you just be a normal gamer and talk like a normal person?

Oh wow awakening. Good guys and moral leaders! **** hard to find a saint like you these days, aren't we right, MAGGIO? Maybe we should all make a statue for you and lick your feet every morning. Or maybe we should send in all our children to be your servents and wives. LOR attacking ELD was a natural retaliation since they killed the top state. What does that have to do with your awakening? Seriously, it gives me the goose bumps.

Talking the way you are, you might as well go run a US senate seat. Or heck, go run for president for all I care. But don't expect a vote from any of us. You're clearly a hypocrit with pretty talk. Not a chance you're getting any support. Anyways, big waste of my time. Just reading your posts makes me want to throw up. Have fun pouring out more of that nauseating talk. We're so excited to be enlightened by your greatness, OH great HYPOCRITICAL leader of the NW universe.
    I don`t say it enough, but you`re a ****ing idiot! Thank you for your time, now **** off!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

I don't see why LoR has to be gone for this game to work and everyone to have fun. I remember a while back when they were basically dead, split up into other small nations under Raul, Ali, Kenneth, etc and the game was no better.

Do you think regular members care if you delete your state and don't play for the last 2 weeks of this month? I have no part in this war, but it's sad to see SLOB, which once made some 'good' decisions, turn this set into another ****hole. I wouldn't mind so much if you guys just came right out and said you wanted to war LoR because you don't like Kanman and others, but to dress it up with lame *** excuses is no better than what LoR did a few sets ago when they came up with their retal policy. At least that was somewhat creative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    I don't see why LoR has to be gone for this game to work and everyone to have fun. I remember a while back when they were basically dead, split up into other small nations under Raul, Ali, Kenneth, etc and the game was no better.

Do you think regular members care if you delete your state and don't play for the last 2 weeks of this month? I have no part in this war, but it's sad to see SLOB, which once made some 'good' decisions, turn this set into another ****hole. I wouldn't mind so much if you guys just came right out and said you wanted to war LoR because you don't like Kanman and others, but to dress it up with lame *** excuses is no better than what LoR did a few sets ago when they came up with their retal policy. At least that was somewhat creative.
    I dont see what is so lame about "muiltiple attacks inthe top ten", or "thought they were going to hit us" or "cant trust them"?

I also dont see what is so lame about trying to get LOR to be creative and start new nations? or me doing it myself either?

Yet again I also dont see what is so lame about trying to explain that Kanman is very intellegent and can calculate the moves of other nations because they repeat them over and over and over again.

Good Lord! Can everyone get their panties out of a wad??? It's a war...in a war game! Fairness and war are not synonymous......our hitting lor with 20+ members to their 8 is no different than them hitting us with 30+ members to our 8 a couple of sets ago.

@pron:
    lor doesn't get to choose when it nets and when it wars anymore than other nations. Just because lor declares it is netting doesn't mean they are off limits to being attacked. How many times has lor jumped netting nations out of the blue? (hint: take off your socks and shoes...you're gonna need your toes in this count).

@max:
    I don't know why you were upset that eld jumped in....they had a top ten member tripled or quaded by lor. It's called a retal...and a justifiable one. But you were spot on re: doppy.

@the community:
    Mag is taking a lot of heat in this thread...unjustifiably. He warred lor, big whoop. I guess the difference is we beat them down and they aren't used to that. First time I've seen lor begging to surrender.....which they never did. As yet, no surrender has occurred. A ceasefire was negotiated....a temporary cessation of hostilities. Not a truce...a ceasefire. Dogma clearly stated on this forum that SLOB remained a nation at war, but were holding their fire pending further events. Not one single attack was made by SLOB members following that declaration until Mag and Dog wake up to find lor calling the dogs home (click click, etc). They have a responsiblity to their nation...to protect and lead.....given lor's history...they made the right decision and sent us back in. You don't let the snake in the garden curl up under the greenbeans and strike when it's ready...you get a hoe and cut off its head.

So get off Mag's back.....and direct your fire at the guy who really caused all of this.........andy.

andy butted into Mr P's business when he had no dog in the fight
    SLOB mobilized to help NS if needed
    andy cuddles up to Mr P and begs forgiveness
    SLOB finds itself all dressed up with no place to go, looks around and sees.........
    lor

you know the rest of the story.