Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Next Set Changes..

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaphew View Post
    So, I declare war? then perform war attacks? then I die, I am going to be labeled as a cheater?
    not a cheater...suicider
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    not a cheater...suicider
    hmmmm, I don't like it, I think we should just leave everything as is.
    WoW: [FW]
    Never piss off a farmer.

NW: [USA][FW][LoR]x2
    Red turns are a l3itch!

'03-'08 Off and on (more off then on!)

hmmmm, I don't like it, I think we should just leave everything as is.
    let suicides continue? let the same nations again and again be stripped on their chances to play the game, cuz someone has decided to make it personal?

it`s more fair to come to the aid of that nation then suicider
    CW, TWC/PX, E

let suicides continue? let the same nations again and again be stripped on their chances to play the game, cuz someone has decided to make it personal?

it`s more fair to come to the aid of that nation then suicider
    Who care if someone suicides.

Unfortunately if you are on the recieving end of a suicide run, it is going to suck, and that person is going to cry, but who is to say that all suicide runs are unprovoked?

Personally, I think this game has grown too far away from its original roots.

I remember a game where nations were at war, the forums were rich with chatter and every now and then someone would submit a complaint or a bug report about the game.

Now as it stands, there is a complaint posted every day (sometimes several times a day) about some aspect of the game that is not to their liking.

Nation X is gonna cry and piss and moan because they declared on Nation Y and now members of nation Y are suiciding on Nation X because of last sets actions.

So now Nation X comes to the forums and screams "Help me, our members are getting taken out for no reason!" and the forum members put their heads together and say "Aw, poor babies! Here let me get the head honcho over there to roll back your state and let me slap a big pink sticker on that suicider and forever label him as a Cheater"

Now, some of you may say that "well suiciders don't necessarily need a reason suicide".

You are wrong, if you got suicided, then you obviously pissed someone off, I have been on the giving and the recieving, and I have watched many of the suicide runs and have seen that in most cases (75% +/-) the state on the recieving end pissed off another state/nation and now hes sitting pretty in the bottom of the scores bin.

Now yes, I do understand that some states will use suiciders to knock out that top state and then jump up to the top after that number 1 guy has been knocked out. This is called strategy people, you can do it too.

Look, stop changing the game, stop letting the whiners win, and stop blowing Mr. P....

(Mr. P, put your **** away, and stop letting everyone blow it for you, you are part of the problem too)
    Never piss off a farmer.

Red turns are a l3itch!

Guess whom we have to say thanks for the game being where it is? Wanna take a wild, wild guess?
    CW, TWC/PX, E

Guess whom we have to say thanks for the game being where it is? Wanna take a wild, wild guess?
    Max Logan?
    Never piss off a farmer.

Red turns are a l3itch!

Calvin74 Guest

Unfortunately if you are on the recieving end of a suicide run, it is going to suck, and that person is going to cry, but who is to say that all suicide runs are unprovoked?

I remember a game where nations were at war, the forums were rich with chatter and every now and then someone would submit a complaint or a bug report about the game.

Now as it stands, there is a complaint posted every day (sometimes several times a day) about some aspect of the game that is not to their liking.

Nation X is gonna cry and piss and moan because they declared on Nation Y and now members of nation Y are suiciding on Nation X because of last sets actions.

So now Nation X comes to the forums and screams "Help me, our members are getting taken out for no reason!" and the forum members put their heads together and say "Aw, poor babies! Here let me get the head honcho over there to roll back your state and let me slap a big pink sticker on that suicider and forever label him as a Cheater"

Now, some of you may say that "well suiciders don't necessarily need a reason suicide".

You are wrong, if you got suicided, then you obviously pissed someone off, I have been on the giving and the recieving, and I have watched many of the suicide runs and have seen that in most cases (75% +/-) the state on the recieving end pissed off another state/nation and now hes sitting pretty in the bottom of the scores bin.

Now yes, I do understand that some states will use suiciders to knock out that top state and then jump up to the top after that number 1 guy has been knocked out. This is called strategy people, you can do it too.

Look, stop changing the game, stop letting the whiners win, and stop blowing Mr. P....

(Mr. P, put your **** away, and stop letting everyone blow it for you, you are part of the problem too)

I do love how you say this game has gone to far away from its roots when you have no actual idea what the roots of this game are. The roots were mostly netting and warring only when provoked. The talent level was much higher and the member base was much larger. Several unfortunate things happened w/ server problems and cheaters and suiciders to push away the majority of the member base.
    I just wanted to throw out that the roots of this game were playing your state with honor and skill. There were disagreements and wars (much much better wars than there ever are now) but people left it be after it was settled. They didn't whine and carry on and ruin it for people.

Quote Originally Posted by pron View Post
    Except you'll pinklist and strip medals for a one man nation hitting a 20 man nation. As you said, its now against the rules.
    No.. your not getting the point of any of this, or your just trying to make me work harder... but I'll take it as your not understanding it. I have no problems if a 1 man nation wars a 20 man nation. As I have stated several times I am fully aware that things carry over to the next set. If someone gets mad and seeks revenge the following set I'm not going to do much about it cause it's expected. BUT if you carry things over set after set after set and have no intentions other than ruining someone's state then I'm going to mark you a suicider. I'm not out to stop the "next set revenge".. I'm out to stop the constant revenge with no end in site.. which is suiciding.

So, I declare war? then perform war attacks? then I die, I am going to be labeled as a cheater?
    Read above!

Mhaphew I agree with some of what you said.. I Definitely think this is a little uncalled for and inappropriate

and i'm not fully sure what memories you have of this glamorous game where wars were happening and things were great cause I remember a game with lots of members and suiciding being a huge problem.. Some of you act like this is a new problem.. It's not, it has been around since the game started and SEVERAL attempts have been made to fix it.. None of them really seemed to have worked, although I do feel the patriot act worked the best out of everything we had tried.. I do feel that this will work as well and be even less invasive as the Patriot Act was.

This encourages wars, makes it so someone can't just make a state and then instantly ruin someone else state cause now there is a 2hr wait before the war takes place, makes it so if you want to to do war attacks then create a nation and declare war, allows us a little more right to start marking a state who clearly has no respect for the game or anyone in it and also adds in some new spy missions.

So let me be clear one last time.......................

If you get warred and the following set you seek some revenge, nothing is going to happen to you. If you get warred and you go on some 6 set mission of destroying someone else state for no other reason then you will be marked a suicider.. When you go on some witch hunt it's clear that you have no respect for the game or anyone in it so why should I have respect for you? Why should I allow you to just come in and run people off in with suicides when it takes months to get new members?

It's not that I'm catering to the netters and whiners... It's I'm not catering to the suiciders anymore by allowing them to destroy progress.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

now mr. p, i know you may be fed up with this topic at this point, but there is 1 more area i haven't read about.

the states who are in 1st place and get jumped who get upset and AA whoever jumped them. does that count as a suicide or is this change simply to stop players intent on long term set after set revenge?

we do appreciate all the time you've spent on this, i just want to be sure.
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNo View Post
    now mr. p, i know you may be fed up with this topic at this point, but there is 1 more area i haven't read about.

the states who are in 1st place and get jumped who get upset and AA whoever jumped them. does that count as a suicide or is this change simply to stop players intent on long term set after set revenge?

we do appreciate all the time you've spent on this, i just want to be sure.
    This change is simply to stop players intent on long term set after set revenge.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"