Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Start of Set #5:

no, a pure strat does NOT work. Last set, i was Indy with magic. i did well, however it still seemed flawed. too much spreading around.

gonna try and play with a casher/farmer strat this set and see if i can use some of the tweaks to make it viable.
    There is no greater sin than apathy

Hamlet--there is also a training nation through which you can ask whatever questions you may have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

Missionary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
    *Waiting for Vin to release the first edition*
    smokes alot of fags whilst waiting

training nation seems pointless to take seriously at the moment. seeing as hardly anyone knows the best way to play this game then there isnt anything anyone can do to productively train someone at the moment. maybe call it an expiremental nation.

fact is casher start MAY or maynot have been made accessable from the updates done during the break. the other fact is PURE STRATS DONT WORK!!! last set i was running and indy/farmer/mage strat. eraider was running an indy/farmer/mage/g-tower strat. (only 2 high states i knew about)

Mage: with the attacking options available in the game means that mage defence has to be there.
    Farm: due to the amount of networth/food ratio
    Indy: because PM is limited and need defence on all units
    g-towers - cos people think they are good

those are the 4 possible buildings as far as we currently know that are effective. this set im trying a casher/huts/mage strat to see if that is plausable. i know of a few others attempting the casher strat so i guess there could be another strat available at the end of the set. (apart from ace's mage strat haha)

There's more to a training nation then just a strat.

Gotta teach them about land-grabbing, non-hostile magic attacks, retals, PM/BM, what buildings not to build, what health to have, when to attack, how to attack etc etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

@Pron: I prefer to learn those things by myself (like most newbies does). That's pure gaming and part of the fun of being a 101% newbie At the same time I avoid being mislead; a probable outcome since most ppl are strat testing blindly atm...

My request was pretty simple - the newbie guide was just a side remark, and it will actually be easier to make one, if the amount of transparency increased a tiny bit.

All I asked for was basic info like this:

Lvl. 1 Infantry: Mili. strength: 0.85 Upkeep $: $0.02 Upkeep food: 0.0005 NW: 0.7
    [...]
    Lvl. 8 Infantry: Mili. stregth: 1.445 Upkeep $: $0.034 Upkeep food: 0.00085 NW: 1.19

- Taken from Domination, but identical info were made available on WoW

As long as those basic figures are non-public, it'll be nessecary to do pointless info gathering everytime the upkeeps and/or NW per unit is altered. The transparency on WoW/Domination makes it possible to create and follow a strategy from turn 1 to turn N - e.g. produce inf. then turn to ships later on etc. etc.

PS: Would still like to know, if the multipliers are stable from era to era? There isn't "3 era tabs" under "State Management", I can therefore assume it's always: 1.2, 0.6, 0.3 and 0.2??

who would mislead u?
    There is no greater sin than apathy

Quote Originally Posted by ranger2112 View Post
    who would mislead u?
    Not deliberately misleading me. I haven't seen anybody present a validated strat yet, so my guess is as good as any...or at least I hope it'll be

Missionary Guest

well the last 5 people to win a set have been playing a farmer/indy strat. although thats what it starts off as it isnt really that.

the last 5 winners have gone g-towers/indy with a few mage towers for defence and farm to keep with the upkeep as far as i know. then towards the end of the set started stocking food as the net value/production rate is massively above the net value/production rate of millitary.

once the food value gets in check i see alot more strats being implemented. otherwise what ever strat people play towards the end they are gunna be stocking food to get highest net. thats one of the reasons i went from 40 mill net to 140mill net in a week last set. switched everything to food and had 100k land on farms.

so glad gnr.lee and co got banned. i#cos they planned to hit SOULS and in had less than 500k units on everything but zeps and no mage towers haha.

Nevermind. I'll collect data this set, so don't be surprised, if a member of your nation suddenly drops a lot of NW. All ready wasted a bunch of units to collect some basic info for the Past era...

Warl0rd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
    I don't need changes at all atm - just a semi-decent n00b guide enabling me to "see the light". Someone ought to make a guide like the one on WoW, i.e. not a fragmented guided but a guide with an A to Z intro (incl. startup advise). Most importantly info on the NW gained per unit, upkeeps etc. Not to mention the multipliers; atm I can only find the values for the past era, but I assume they change in the present and the future....?

*Waiting for Vin to release the first edition*
    Check the manual, under state management:

Troops are produced according to the formula:
    (Blacksmiths) * (Troop_type_percentage) * (Multipler)
    Multipliers:
    Footmen = 1.2 Catapults = 0.6 Zeppelins = 0.3 Galleons = 0.2

They might change between eras, advance and check
    The manual has almost everything you need to know, you just have to search for it...