Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: What ur gonna be when u get all growded up

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    then what country is Oxford in?
    Oxford is in UK. So is Cambridge.
    no, not Cambridge, MA. different one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

thats where i thought oxford was but i was confused cuz KLL listed oxbridge
    The Poet of your Slaughter
    _

Oxford dropouts are oxymorons.

thats where i thought oxford was but i was confused cuz KLL listed oxbridge
    Oxbridge = Oxford and Cambridge

sorry im not english.... im Amerikan
    The Poet of your Slaughter
    _

sorry im not english.... im Amerikan
    we were only answering your question . btw, in relation to Brams earlier point...i think...if i were lucky enough to have been given choice of education at Oxbridge...or any American college of my choice...i think i would still have gone for the American one...

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Munich, Bavaria, Germany / Leicester, England, UK

Quote Originally Posted by svenneman View Post
    Going to start working as a Software Developer at an IT Consulting company here in Sweden in March. Currently finishing my Master of Science in Computer Science and Engineering education, phew, long title

In sweden we have no tuitions or other fee's for Universities. The "only" expenses students have, are course litterature, food, appartment rent (and utilities) and booze

Those $37k that some people pay in tuition fees in a year, would cover all expenses of a student during a 5 year education here in sweden.
    what uni are you at?

also i doubt 37k can cover sweedish living costs especialy not in stockholm or so

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    do alot of people speak english there....if that is the case my kids are going there.
    the dutch universities got more english language programmes. and are jsut as cheap. soem german ones too, but most that teach in english i nthe german speaking countries are private. (undergraduate anyway)
    but yea, you'll want to look around scandinavia or belgium and holland. eastern european unis also have a lot of english courses i hear.. and living costs are friggin cheap.
    i tihnk the UK is like the only country that changes considerable tuition fees?

but why have your kids study in english rather than the local language? adds more employability to the CV... and they've got better changes of workign in europe.. we got higher wages and salaries than i nthe US... especialy in germany

we are not discussing that are we? and UK only realistically has like..4 amazing universities tbh - Oxbridge, LSE and Imperial college. America? many many many more. ivy leagues alone is like 8 Unis, then you get MIT, stanford, ucla, berkley, chicago (well for economics atleast)...so many many amazing unis. but thats not even the point. we were talking about American ones vs Belgium ones.
    American unis are well overrated...
    and KU Leuven is a really good university...
    Its well worth considering as a place to go to. And you can't expect a counrty as tiny as Belgium to sprout too many international players...

Quote Originally Posted by Bram Gotink View Post
    w/e
    This site places the K.U.Leuven at 197 (Catholic University of Leuven)
    Which I consider good. Even tho Anton is right, a lot of American universities do better...
    Perhaps b/c they ask a lot of money, IDK...
    you realize that you quotes webrankings? its like using google results to rank universities... The THES Ranked the KU LEuven 61st or so last year... That is better than St. Andrews, Glasgow, Nottingham etc... or for americans, its in the same league as places like Rice University, Virginia, University of Illinois or University of Texas...
    that is pretty impressive for a university that does most of its research in dutch rather than english... and all internationa lrankings have a significant bias towards universities publishing in english (as they only consider english langauge publications)

Extra Bavariam nulla vita, et si vita, non est ita.
    (Outside Bavaria there's no life, and if there is, it ain't worth living.)

Munich Loves You
    Best city in the world

"When someone from Uri, Switzerland, moves to Austria, the average IQ of both countries rises." - Prof. Wigger, on interpreting mean values.

Welcome to Germany - Land of Ideas

Munich, Bavaria, Germany / Leicester, England, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    we were only answering your question . btw, in relation to Brams earlier point...i think...if i were lucky enough to have been given choice of education at Oxbridge...or any American college of my choice...i think i would still have gone for the American one...
    i wouldn't even think of going to oxford or cambridge. Elitist sobs.
    Altho I wouldn't want to go to Harvard or Yale either...
    the entrie culture of those palces is disgraceful

Extra Bavariam nulla vita, et si vita, non est ita.
    (Outside Bavaria there's no life, and if there is, it ain't worth living.)

Munich Loves You
    Best city in the world

"When someone from Uri, Switzerland, moves to Austria, the average IQ of both countries rises." - Prof. Wigger, on interpreting mean values.

Welcome to Germany - Land of Ideas

I wanna be a striper

Quote Originally Posted by KLL View Post
    what uni are you at?

also i doubt 37k can cover sweedish living costs especialy not in stockholm or so
    University of Linköping, 250-300k SEK is enough for covering a 5 year education in sweden. That is roughly $31-37k usd at todays currency value.