Thread: Serious War discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm sceptical of the idea of "designated netting nations" if this is brought in 90% of nations will choose it, leaving only a tiny handful of warrers, who will get tired of fighting each other very quickly and either net or quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I'm sceptical of the idea of "designated netting nations" if this is brought in 90% of nations will choose it, leaving only a tiny handful of warrers, who will get tired of fighting each other very quickly and either net or quit.
    The UN could appoint 1 safe nation... ummm.

will had a great post. i knew the game pretty well, but early when i was starting out as a leader i had planned a war. got hit by antons nation, ns, and vT, so few players survived the FS from these 3 nations that we weren't even able to mount a CS. compounded by the fact that we were infiltrated by spies that month it was really frustrating. you can't shelter new leaders/nations/players. this was a wake up call for me as a leader to the organization of these other players and nations. i was much more selective as to who i let into the nation. ABT has 4 new players this month, but we got them all on pure strats, and i believe if it came to war they would be able to help, and i would plan to get them evolved even if they missed strikes i would leave targets for them. if they go inactive for a month they are removed from the nation. we did this for a N player last month and guess what he rejoined us again this month and hasn't missed a turn.

when xELDx was a smaller nation, and i knew there was a large warring nation out there, you better believe i went out and made some alliances in case we were warred. you can choose alot of routes to this game. but if you want to remain neutral and net it usually takes some work from your nation leader to keep you safe diplomatically. taking warring out of the game would simply kill the fun of it. that being said no i don't want to die, and it can be very frustrating to be warred/suicided. but part of the challenge of this game is avoiding that.

most fun war i had was EX vs xELDx, and believe it or not i could of taken a retaliation and maybe secured the top spot that month after i was AA'd. but i was really happy and excited to see the amount of support the nation showed me by everyone showing up to war.

i really hope it doesn't drag me into trouble for saying it but i will not quit if i'm attacked. i will regroup and do whatever i can to win the war and then finish the month as best i can. when dak came back in vindication we won our 1st month back in overall networth by just a hair, and gnorf had been suicided from the top spot. he finished 7th that month after being killed over a week into the set. now that to me was as big of an accomplishment as winning the month. he didn't give up on his nation, and we still won the month. dak was a good mix of netters and warrers, you know what the players who liked to war in dak did during peace times? they carried out retaliations and protected the netters/new players in the nation. there is a role that states who like to war can play even at times of peace besides suicides/destructive spy ops.

i guess i haven't really given any major solutions, but i hope this adds to the discussion. i hate losing, in warring or netting. but i will always try to finish the best i can with the time i have available.
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Which is why the negative component would need to be large enough that a nation would want to be able to be warred in order to secure top spot easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

I made a long *** post on this subject and it is now gone. Let me sit and pick it aprt again.

The idea to take away warring should be abandoned at it`s core! Warring is essential for the game and should be preserved!

No one nation should be safe from war either, the whole point is to be ready to defend and attack, as that`s the whole point. The problem we face is that people are too keen on netting. Me included. But as we can see only war bring more activity, else we are stuck at doing the same **** thing day and day.

If it comes down to it, I`d say we remove pure netting aspect from the game! If a nation decided to net, it cannot perform attack of any sort, SA included, and as such may be safe from warring. But this will most certainly kill the quality and skill of the game.

I would rather advice nations to take a month or two to try and do warring. Summer is coming, people might have more time, so it would be nice to have a summer warring period, to make people feel war and bring more fun and activity in the game!

Nations can make alliances and bad together to kill others. This may hit hard with die-hard netters, but maybe it`s a spark we need! Some little bloodshed, some little activity! Maybe even ask old members to come back and test it, have some fun! Maybe we will actually enjoy it, and start to take warring more serious.

I remember back in WoW when I first joined, warring was so much fun, there were no netting nations, maybe a small netting tag, but the other were all ready to war if they had to. In my first long term nation, CW, I enjoyed warring, fighting with other nations. Then I started a year or so switching between warring tags and it was fun! Until I banded up with Kenny and started our long term friendship which lasted until he left and now, when he came back, I rejoined as fast as I could, because I feel bonded, as we were through a lot during LoR and their under nations (WLF, D..something, and viets) constant war preasure. Same with Warlord, Fangz and E.

I really miss the commitment. As set before last when WLF suicided me, I just left, I felt no desire to fight back, screw it. I miss the commitment! I wanna have a cause!

So let`s find a cause, war for a reason - our nations. Maybe we will find that warring isn`t all just destructive, get rid of this netter mentality as Will said. Screw it, they declared without reason, let`s just ask someone to help us and strike back! If they don`t like it, let them ask for help!

I wanna suggest, staring next set, let`s leave the netting and start a Summer Warring Fest! Sounds like fun!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Russia View Post
    Althoug I have to agree with the thumbs up. Why do you make comments like
    "why should I wait for a n00b from ABT to strike me"?? I think this shows a mentality. Im not gonna start a pissing contest who has the most sets or wars under his belt. But respect or acknowledgement towards other nations/players is something that is missing here in my opinion. Even if its your "enemy" when theyve done a great job are you too proud to say it?

oh no I did not mean that. It was an example. And "waiting a n00b from ABT to attack" is meaningless (that was what I meant) because there is no n00b in ABT, that means, there'd be no triple SAs
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR