Thread: Official Foreign Policy Relations - March Set -

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rassputtin View Post
    It does hurt me, I don't run a defenseless all infantry state, therefore am incapable of grabbbbing states my size and states smaller than me. Thereby causing defeats and loss of cash and limiting further an already short list of targets for lg. So it affects me. Neither you or anyone else has to net and upgrade like they may war. In short you(everyone not you particularly) don't have to respect my mindset anymore than I have to respect yours. I see no reason why defenseless states should finish ahead of me if I can with exceptional ease prevent it. Ya'll try to get to the top using only infantry and I'm gonna try to get to the top by bombarding those infantry with ships......

I guess it's just different strats for different folks you know.
    Since you're more balanced, shouldn't you be able to intel and not have defeats.

But anyway, you say it's a way of getting to the top but it's not. Any nation worth anything will retal or kill you for your aa's.

I haven't seen anyone try to define infantry hoarding and it's hard to define since it changes through the round. And with varying competition, sometimes it's going to take longer for the top state to be able to safely upgrade. What is going to happen is that there will always be states who break your infantry hoarding rules and if they're your friends you'll let it slide and if they're not your going to aa them.

As others have noted, states are less balanced now because there are less suicides, etc. I don't see the point of artificially forcing more balance. If you want to net, you can have a purely netting competition heavy on infantry and as you said, most likely no one will suicide you for that. If you want to war then war but netting with aa's doesn't work.
    Last edited by kanman; 03-01-2012 at 09:36.